Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Gas RPM shift points & Rev limiter

RPM shift points & Rev limiter

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 am

Hey guys I bought a diablosport from speedtek here in Fort worth about a year ago, any how when I bought it would not adjust rpm shift points, rev limiter & it would not disable mph limiter. I never cared to much because I would only shift at 5700 & was not thinking of going over 100 mph, but I have a whole bunch of bolt ons & now a ls6 cam install so I'll need all of these to work since I'll be reving around 6,000 - 6,2000 rpm. There is a fella w/ your company that helps out guys on Fullsizechevy.com & LS1tech I forget his name he is one of the main program tuners at your shop John, Josh maybe. Any way I think I have the 793 or 798 model w/ version 2.00 I think so what do we need to do just a software update or something? Can you get me in the right direction of tuning this ting up right please, I've been doing all the tuning my self in the modify paremeter mode. Give me a hand why don't you, then I'll post my truck on your guys website and ya'll can use it for a before and after comparison I can get you some nice burnout pics & videos along w/ a dyno video after it's all done sometime around this summer, I should be putting down 325 to 350 RWHP + N20. which should put it between 425 + RWHP.

My vehicle:
2006 Chevy Silverado 4.8 Ext cab

Mods:
Custom fabricated cold air induction "non ram air" w/ K & N filter, Ported Throttle body, Custom off road pipe "Dual not Y", 1 Flowmaster SUV series 50 muffler, 2 1/2" exaust, 4.11 Yukon gears w/ Eaton locker, SLP 160 Thermostat.

At the moment:
ZO6 LS6 cam & spring install.

In the works:
1 5/8" Mid length headders, Off road X pipe, 1.8 Comp Rockers, 100-150 wet shot or fogger.

Soon after that:
A new tranny most likely

I figure you would need to know my engine mods to help me better

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:45 am

We have had an issue with the rev limiter on your tool (U7192), so I know why you cannot raise it. The shift point adjustments do work, did you raise both the mph and rpm shift points, as this is necessary for proper operation.

Either way, we can hook you up with a tune. I'll need you to email me a copy of your original backup to mlitsch@diablosport.com Be sure to attatch a list of mods in the email so I know what I'm looking at when I get it. We'll raise your rev limiters and set your shift points however you like them. Let me know if you need any assistance with getting your backup out of the Predator.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 pm

Hey Mike, forgot to tell you, please give me a call prior to emailing me back with the tune & upgrade. My # is in the email I sent you.

Return to Predator Ford Gas