Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Gas My speedometer is now 10% off, but no tire size option?

My speedometer is now 10% off, but no tire size option?

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

After installing a custom tune (all I changed was the speed limiter and some shift firmness), my speedometer now reads 10% too low. (60 at 66) It seems like the Predator has maybe overwritten the tire size or axle ratio settings already in the vehicle.

But the Predator doesn't show me the "tire size" or "axle ratio" settings in the custom tune menu, so I can't fix this. Should they be there?

I have the Predator U7152. Serial: 200001d Rev: v.8r11 6/1/06

My vehicle is a 2004 Ford v10 gas E350 van customized to 4x4 by Sportsmobile.

Is there anything I can do but revert to the saved settings and not use my Predator on this vehicle? All I really want to do is override the top speed limiter (94 MPH).

-- Geoff

Geoff, I would assume you have taller than stock tires, correct?
Try adjusting the gear ratio up about 10% to make up for the speedo correction. (From 3.55>3.73 for example)
Let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:35 pm

That's the problem -- despite what the instructions say, my Predator does not have an "axle ratio" option. It's missing!

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:47 pm

geoffff3 wrote:
That's the problem -- despite what the instructions say, my Predator does not have an "axle ratio" option. It's missing!
Ahhh, I see. I was unaware that this particular tool did not have adjustable parameters. There may be a fix in a future revision, but I do not have a fix in the works as of yet. Keep an eye on the home page of our website for info on revision releases.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Predator Ford Gas