Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Gas U7192

U7192

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:55 pm

Will I need a custom tune ordered if I get a new intake and exhaust on my truck? Or will the Performance tune be ok with minor mods? Also, where can I go to ask a few qustions about some of the user modified options on the tuner? I would like to try some different settings but don't want to damage my new vehicle. Thanks in advance!

06 Silverado 1500 4x4, 6.0L Vortec Max, 4.10

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:28 pm

The mods you list will not require additional tuning, your current tune will be fine. Post any questions you have about your Predator here, and we will do our best to explain them for you.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:56 pm

OK thanks! I have a couple questions for you...

Could you please explain shift timing and the difference between the 2 torque management settings?

Also, is the timing advanced to the max on the Perf tune? If not, how would you recommend I get the most timing i can? Increase it until I get pinging then back it back a little? Would I need to increase the fuel as well?

Thanks for all your help!

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:44 pm

Could you please explain shift timing

This is how long the tranny takes to go from one gear to the next. There is no need to modify this, as these are set to the fastest setting in the tune.

difference between the 2 torque management settings?

Turning these both off will allow you to completely remove the torque management, meaning the PCM will no longer step in to kill the fun!

Also, is the timing advanced to the max on the Perf tune? If not, how would you recommend I get the most timing i can? Increase it until I get pinging then back it back a little? Would I need to increase the fuel as well?
The timing is advanced in the tune as well, there should be no need for more than what we have it set to.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:04 am

Is it OK to tow with the 93 Perf program installed? What changes are made to the tow/haul function in the tune? I never really use the t/h mode but I know some tuners don't advise towing over a given weight with a performance tune installed. Thanks again!

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:17 am

Our tunes are designed to be safe for towing up to the manufacturers recommended weight limitations. using the tow/haul mode is perfectly safe using our tunes.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Return to Predator Ford Gas