Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Gas Restoring original backup

Restoring original backup

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:26 pm

I am not really sure about my predator information, but my vehicle is a 2002 ford f-250 superduty with the 7.3L diesel. Under OPTIONS - TROUBLESHOOTING, there is a menu choice that says RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP. I was wondering if this restores the stock tune to the vehicle, without leaving any kind of finger print? I plan on selling the truck, and giving the programmer to a friend. Whenever I download the stock tune under the PERFORMANCE TUNES menu, it always makes me change some parameter, as if it is not restoring to the exact stock tune. Any information would be helpful!

Thanks

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:36 pm

trapping wrote:
I am not really sure about my predator information, but my vehicle is a 2002 ford f-250 superduty with the 7.3L diesel. Under OPTIONS - TROUBLESHOOTING, there is a menu choice that says RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP. I was wondering if this restores the stock tune to the vehicle, without leaving any kind of finger print? I plan on selling the truck, and giving the programmer to a friend. Whenever I download the stock tune under the PERFORMANCE TUNES menu, it always makes me change some parameter, as if it is not restoring to the exact stock tune. Any information would be helpful!

Thanks
Yes, that is the correct method for restoring the original backup. There will be no fingerprints left on the PCM.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Predator Ford Gas