Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Gas U7152 rev.8r11

U7152 rev.8r11

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:49 am

2002 F250 V10 Auto, no mods (yet)

First off, I really like your product. I really like what is't done for my trany!

Although I am having a issue with pinging. I installed the 87 octane tune and it pinged right off the bat. I tryed to retard the timing in the modify menu. -10. still pings.............any ideas?

My other issue is with not being able to make axle ratios or tire size changes. Plans are in the works for a lift and tires/lockers, gears. The main reason I went with a Predator was you guys supported both tire and gear mods. Now I find out that I dont get either. I understand from an earlyer post that there may come a time when someone, may get around to fixing this, eventually, someday, mabey......come on, us v10 guys need love too!

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:35 am

Hey bro sup? I'm not with Diablosport but I think I know what your prob is. What is your comp ratio? 10:1? If it is I would use at least mid grade gas.
If your compression is lower say 9.5:1 you should be fine, you might have ran accross bad gas.

Or:

Install a lower temp thermostat & cold induction. This will keep the engine running cooler & inlet air cooler so that it is less prone to pinging/detonation.
07 Ext Cab LT 2500HD 6.0 Automatic. 4.10 gears.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Maxxon wrote:
2002 F250 V10 Auto, no mods (yet)

First off, I really like your product. I really like what is't done for my trany!

Although I am having a issue with pinging. I installed the 87 octane tune and it pinged right off the bat. I tryed to retard the timing in the modify menu. -10. still pings.............any ideas?

My other issue is with not being able to make axle ratios or tire size changes. Plans are in the works for a lift and tires/lockers, gears. The main reason I went with a Predator was you guys supported both tire and gear mods. Now I find out that I dont get either. I understand from an earlyer post that there may come a time when someone, may get around to fixing this, eventually, someday, mabey......come on, us v10 guys need love too!
How do the spark plugs look in this truck? Does it still have stock spark plug wires? I would have to recommend replacing those before you can be sure the tune is causing the knock, especially considering you removed 10% of the timing and you're still hearing some knock.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Predator Ford Gas