Last CROM for U7157

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

jjustcaring

Last CROM for U7157

Post by jjustcaring »

Hello

Just inherited my father's 2008 Ranger and started to mod it with super coil, CAI and few other things. I have Predator for my 2009 300c hemi which I updated prior to you folks discontinuing the Predator line. The latest CROM in that one it had MPG, CAI or not as separate tunes.

I just got a used U7157 for the Ranger, but once loaded up, notice the software only has 3 tunes. 87, 91 , 93 performance tunes. This is the version number that boots up V.9r07

Was there updated CROM for this? If it is still kicking around, could somebody email it to me, or send a link.

If there isn't a update, is there any reference list that states out all the modifiable parameters in each of the tunes. I would like to get the performance, but also MPG gains if possible.

Believe it our not my 300c runs best on MPG tune, Even though I run it with 91, with a CAI, low Tstat, MSD on.
I would like to simulate that for the Ranger

Any help would be appreciated, or if you can point me in the right direction

Cheers

Richard from Canada
mikel

Re: Last CROM for U7157

Post by mikel »

the 3 tunes you see listed are the ones you should have, no need to update or change anything.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jjustcaring

Re: Last CROM for U7157

Post by jjustcaring »

Mike

Thanks for the update. So what about the second part of my question now. Is there a list of what I can do modify tunes within the 3 tunes.

I want to achieve better MPG. I throw in the 91 tune as it seems to be the common tune, I have a CAI and put 91 in the truck. I felt more power but also watched the gas needle go down.

Would going back to 87 be better for MPG with a 87 tune? Just trying to figure out what makes sense. As I said before my 300c seems to run best on MPG tune with 91 gas.

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Sorry one other point. I installing a Super coil this weekend into the Ranger. Supposely more spark. Would this need to be adjusted in the tune?