What is in the Diablo Tune?

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

jeremym

What is in the Diablo Tune?

Post by jeremym »

I just got a used Predator tuner from a guy who I bought this 99 Mustang GT from. The tuner has old firmware (will post the version if needed) I assume because the tuner still has options for EGR shutoff and 02 sensor heat shut offs. Although I did set them to "off" the codes are still being thrown for EGR and O2 so maybe it didnt work.

My questions are the following:

1. What exactly is in the diablo tune?
2. What Octane does the diablo tune change to?
3. Should I see more Diablo custom tunes on my Mustang tuner other than just Diablo tune?
mikel

Re: What is in the Diablo Tune?

Post by mikel »

1. Lots of changes, timing, fueling, TM, and then some....
2. Its designed for use with premium fuel.
3. No, that old version had only the one tune.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jeremym

Post by jeremym »

Thank you for the reply.

My Predator information says:

moray-1067617021
mustang-7rd50d
04/19/2005 11:32:11 AM

Should I update this and if so would it provide more tunes from you guys? I see online theres different tunes out there that come "canned" but I figure it comes with the later firmware.

I would hate to give up this firmware because it has options to disable the EGR and O2 sensors. On that subject is the computer expected to still throw codes about the EGR and O2 even though I installed the tune to disable it? I cleared the codes but they came right back.

Just to kinda recap this mess of a post here are my questions for simplicity:

1. Should I update my firmware? If so where can I find the firmware?
2. Is there a place I can view what firmware allows what new functions (or removes functions)
3. Are there any new tunes with the newer firmware such as the Performance 93 octane tune?
4. If I were to keep the current firmware, is the computer still expected to throw trouble codes for the EGR and O2 even though I set the option to disable O2 Heat banks and the EGR?
jeremym

Post by jeremym »

Any help is appreciated :D
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

that's an olllllld original predator.. that one can not do downloadable internet/firmware updates..

you can trade it in to diablosport and they'll give you a $100 credit towards buying a new inTune or Trinity from them...

but you will not have the ability to disable codes with the newer tools, since that functionality was removed years ago due to EPA regulations.. so if you get a newer tool, you'd need to get a custom tune done from a diablo CMR tuner in order to have the necessary codes disabled.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
jeremym

Post by jeremym »

I was thinking I seen in another thread that you could update this Predator to a higher firmware. The firmware just isnt listed on the site anymore since its so old :/

I was kinda hoping if the firmware could be made available I would upgrade. So are you saying for certain theres no firmware to be downloaded and installed on this?

Sucks about the EPA thing though. Then again even though im setting EGR to disable its still not really doing the disable. Seems like its still enabled cause I still get the codes showing up.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the options to disable those items will be gone if you update to the newer firmware.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com