7r50d firmware not able to disable Downstream O2 or EGR

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

jeremym

7r50d firmware not able to disable Downstream O2 or EGR

Post by jeremym »

I am running the older firmware 7r50d on my 1999 Mustang GT

I have selected the diablo tune and chose the option to modify. I went down to ODB II and disabled (selecting off for each item) Downstream O2 and EGR. However I am still getting the MIL lighting up and codes being thrown complaining about O2 Downstream and EGR. I even tried enabling the MIL disable feature and the light still comes on.

What am I doing wrong here? Does selecting "off" mean turning off the disable or does "off" mean like I think it does and turns off the O2 downstream, EGR, and MIL? I am at a loss for why these things are not being disabled when im telling it to turn off by selecting "off".

Firmware:
moray-1067617021
mustang-7r50d
date: 04/19/2005 11:32:11 AM
mikel

Re: 7r50d firmware not able to disable Downstream O2 or EGR

Post by mikel »

setting them to off should do it.

what are the actual codes you are getting?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jeremym

Post by jeremym »

Right now, which makes 0 sense, no codes are being shown. Now I have been trying to disable this since November and every time the codes are cleared but after I drive it the Heated and O2 codes come back. EGR comes back as well. The MIL light comes back on too.

Today since you replied, and I havent touched the tuner for a month until today, its not showing any codes. I drove it over 200 miles this past weekend so if the codes were to show up it should have by now.

One thing that doesnt make sense to me is though when I go to modify the diablo tune parameters the EGR Switch always says "On". I can change it to "Off" then program the ECU but afterwords if I go back into the tuner it will read "On" but have an asterisk beside the menu item EGR Switch denoting I changed it. Is that normal?
mikel

Post by mikel »

yes,it defaults to that value, it doesn't know what its currently set to in the tune though, so it will always show ON.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com