IF YOU BUY USED DIABLO SPORT TUNERS

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

lazorrazor

IF YOU BUY USED DIABLO SPORT TUNERS

Post by lazorrazor »

I have seen quite a few posts from people who purchase used tuners from EBAY or other sources, when you buy from other sources other than licenced dealers or directly from Diablo Sport you risk getting a married tool, this means the tool is set or married to a specific vehicle and will NOT work with any other vehicle until original vehicle is returned to it's stock tune. If you do buy a tuner and it isn't unmarried you are screwed! I don't think the tuner can be flashed to it's original unmarried state. If this is your situation you need to get in touch with seller to get them to unmarry your tuner. All I can say is GOOD LUCK, most sellers of used tools want nothing to do with your problem, most have sold or totaled their vehicles!
LaZoRRaZoR
mikel

RE: IF YOU BUY USED DIABLO SPORT TUNERS

Post by mikel »

Good advice...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
benny719

Post by benny719 »

hi i just sold my mustang with the tune installed on it but i still have the tuner i will like to get it unmarryed os i can sell it plz help it there anything i can do? oh and i am the original owner of the tuner
mikel

Post by mikel »

$129, fill out the rma request for the unlock.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tnstanger

Post by tnstanger »

I have a vr7140 that is unlocked I would like to pass along to another person needing it. 05-06 Mustang with Vortech. What can I do to sell at a great price to another enthusiast? $125
Hummeraz

Re: IF YOU BUY USED DIABLO SPORT TUNERS

Post by Hummeraz »

A few questions. Does this rule still apply, if the tuner has already been bought? Will I be able to get this reset even though I am not the original owner? The price is right even with the reset fees. The other question I have is that I own a 2007 hummer H3 3.7l, will the I2030 work for it? I have looked through everything and it is listed on documentation but when you look to buy it from your site it does not have a 2007 option only 2008 and up.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Hummeraz wrote:A few questions. Does this rule still apply, if the tuner has already been bought? Will I be able to get this reset even though I am not the original owner? The price is right even with the reset fees. The other question I have is that I own a 2007 hummer H3 3.7l, will the I2030 work for it? I have looked through everything and it is listed on documentation but when you look to buy it from your site it does not have a 2007 option only 2008 and up.
yes, anyone can have the device reset for $129.
The 07 Colorado is not supported, just 08+ currently ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Hummeraz

Post by Hummeraz »

It was the 07 Hummer H3 not the 07 Colorado.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sorry about that, but same applications, they share pcm/tcm and engine choices, and we only do 08+ unfortunately.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com