Add ons for Trinity 60' Time, Rev Limiter, Traction Control

Please give us suggestions on how to serve you better!

Moderator: mikel

xounlistedxox

Add ons for Trinity 60' Time, Rev Limiter, Traction Control

Post by xounlistedxox »

I have a Diablosport Trinity and it is by far the best thing that I have purchased for my vehicle(05 SRT-4)with that said I see a huge potential for Diablosport and the Trinity. I'm not a computer programmer, so I don't know how realistic my suggestions are... maybe they aren't at all, but I'll throw them out there in any case.

-0-60' Time in the race section. On city streets even doing a 0-60mph run can get you tickets, or worse... plus your 60' time is very important and would be easy to do on a back road, or out in the sticks

-Rev Limiter/Two Step in Neutral, this doesn't work for the SRT-4's it would be awesome if this would work like a two step for launching

-Launch/Traction control like the ND TCS, something that controls boost/timing and works with the LSD sensors to allow you to launch near perfect every time

I as well as many others would gladly pay for these additions I'm sure. Make them kind of like apps for an iphone basically. With the cost of adding on the other extras it wouldn't be unrealistic to charge say $100 for a traction control app, or a two step app etc

Thanks for an awesome product! I'm telling/showing people all the time how great it is.
gizmodo

RE: Add ons for Trinity 60

Post by gizmodo »

1. Anything like this is only accurate with no wheelspin.
2. Not possible since the car is setup for an auto it doesn't know anything about what gear the vehicle is in. You best bet is a N2MB 2 step box.
3. Again, not something the factory PCM is setup to do.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
xounlistedxox

Re: RE: Add ons for Trinity 60

Post by xounlistedxox »

gizmodo wrote:1. Anything like this is only accurate with no wheelspin.
2. Not possible since the car is setup for an auto it doesn't know anything about what gear the vehicle is in. You best bet is a N2MB 2 step box.
3. Again, not something the factory PCM is setup to do.
I realize that as of right now that the Trinity/Predator only reflash the factory PCM with modified parameters, so as of right now it cannot do anything like this because the factory pcm cannot control any of these with it's current programming. That said... Would it even be remotely possible for it to be able to tune/control real time with live data? That's how most other things like the TCS, and boost/wot boxes work. The Trinity reads pretty much all of the live data you would ever need to do these types of things with it. How about a Turbo Timer "app", or Boost by gear? I'm not a computer whiz by any stretch, so maybe I'm just saying a bunch of stuff that's not even possible, but it sure seems like it could be with the right programming for controlling live data instead of only flashing the pcm.

1. 0-60' time you're right about that, but if it had traction control it would be a lot more accurate
2. (Rev Limiter/Two Step) This would have to be a switchable feature so it doesn't need to know what gear you're in you just turn it on when you need it then when it senses motion it turns itself off(based on live data)
3. (Traction Control)This would also have to be a switchable program. The trinity already has the ability to monitor all of the systems needed to do the same thing as the TCS if it had the correct programming and ability to control live data. If I were to get a TCS and add it onto my car I could watch the live data to determine pretty close to exactly how the TCS works by monitoring all of the live data that it modifies to make traction happen.
-Boost By Gear, this could be possible since the Trinity is able to read the cars actual speed. It would be more like "Boost By MPH" have the trinity control boost by MPH, so from 0-30mph make it adjustable, 30-60mph and so on. This would have to be another live data controlled "app"

To build more value into having the Trinity do these types of things look how much it would cost a person to get these types of tools:
-ND Traction Control System $599
-N2MB boost/wot boxes $309
-Turbo Timer ~$50-130

If Diablosport could do something like this and make "apps" for the Trinity/Predator they could sell the downloads right from their sight since they already have the platform for it.

I bring this up because I would like these types of things in my car(as would every person with a trinity I'm sure), but would much rather not have to go and cut up my wires to add all of those other things to my car. If it's possible for the Trinity to do it and Diablosport had any intentions of trying things like this I would much rather wait until they made these additions and give my hard earned $ to them. These type of ideas are what can make a company blow away all of the competition. If the Trinity did all of these things there really wouldn't be a need for any of those other things and since there is no wire splicing involved I'm sure many more people would flock to purchase Diablosport products.
I just showed one of my friends that has a scan gauge, safc, ebc, and a bunch of other stuff and now that he has seen my Trinity he's seriously thinking about selling all of that stuff and purchasing a Trinity. Now imagine if it did all of that other stuff...
Just my ideas
gizmodo

RE: Re: RE: Add ons for Trinity 60

Post by gizmodo »

You're not understanding. The PCM works how it does, all DS can change is values in the tables in the PCM, not the functionality. The TCS and BoostBoxes can't be compared to something that changes values in the PCM. There is a reason they are external, and there is also a reason they don't simply plug into the OBDII port. What you're asking for simply isn't possible, which is what I said in my first response.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
xounlistedxox

Post by xounlistedxox »

boost by gear not possible?
mikel

Post by mikel »

boost by gear is available through custom tuning ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
djkomplex

Re: Add ons for Trinity 60' Time, Rev Limiter, Traction Cont

Post by djkomplex »

Can it not read when the button the clutch pushes down to start the car? I would think this would be the best way as it would be useless in neutral.
RichardGhval

Add ons for Trinity 60 Time Rev Limiter Traction Control

Post by RichardGhval »

If I have time Ill look to see whats out there today and perhaps add a bigger coin.