Trinity 'Incremental Updates' explained

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

mikel

Trinity 'Incremental Updates' explained

Post by mikel »

When you go to the Trinity downloads page, you may see more than 1 update available.

The first update listed will always be the latest "full release". -- for example: Trinity Crom 1r06 - 67J_trinity-1r06.crom

Under this "full release" revision update, you may often see incremental updates. These updates (identified by the _UXXX predator based part number - i.e. 1r06a-u7135) are updates that will bring the Trinity support up to the current level of Predator support.

The incremental update will also state which "full release" revision you need to have applied to your Trinity first, before applying the incremental update. -- for example: Trinity Crom 1r06a-u7135 (this crom needs 1r06 update first!)

For example, lets say Dodge released a bunch of new calids for the SRT8. We update the Predator and make a incremental update for Trinity, since there is no reason to spin a full Trinity release, since only people with SRT8s are concerned about this update.

So, if you already had the base full release revision applied to your Trinity, you would just need to download the incremental revision update - a, b, c, etc etc - whichever was the latest/newest letter-release.

Once the next "full release" Trinity crom is released, it will contain everything that was previously released in the incremental updates.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
leftlane

Trinity tool update

Post by leftlane »

Just wanted to download the latest update. Now the trinity tells me I MUST put my car back to stock mode. Does this mean all tunes must be reset to factory and after updating the trinity software I have to write the tunes again?

Does it make any difference what tune will be written first? /different pulley size and performance tune?

Please reply asap.

Regards
Kurt from Germany
06MonteSS

RE: Trinity tool update

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes, you HAVE to restore the original backup stock tune to the vehicle first....

and when you do that, the trinity will be reset/unlocked, just like it was brand new when you bought it...

and then yes, after you update the trinity, you will need to select your vehicle type again, and then reinstall the diablo tune of your choice... and make any changes again that you had made before...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
crazyhorse55

Post by crazyhorse55 »

is there a update coming this week? Was told by a tech when I called. Have a monitoring issue on my 2010 mustang gt. says wideband and tech said download will fix this issue.
crazyhorse55

Post by crazyhorse55 »

just going to take it back and get my money back. Can't seem to get a decent response from emails, phone calls, or even on here. Can't beleave you spend 600.00 on a tuner and no support.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Sorry, you're posting in a sticky thread that we dont check often.

best to start a new topic if you have a new question :)

We are working on it, I was hoping it would be done today, I'll check it out.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Re: RE: Trinity tool update

Post by mikel »

crazyhorse55 wrote:just going to take it back and get my money back. Can't seem to get a decent response from emails, phone calls, or even on here. Can't beleave you spend 600.00 on a tuner and no support.
sorry for the delay, here is the update with the proper dash layouts.

Thanks
Attachments
trinity_ford_can_gas-1t08fb_update.crom
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 1086 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
crazyhorse55

RE: Re: RE: Trinity tool update

Post by crazyhorse55 »

still didnt fix the issue. still says no layouts available
crazyhorse55

RE: Re: RE: Trinity tool update

Post by crazyhorse55 »

Still didnt fix my layouts. went into logging to reset and nothing. Going on 4 months to fix this issue. Mike L. has also been helping me but nothing.
NtpNick09

Re: Trinity 'Incremental Updates' explained

Post by NtpNick09 »

I don't know :( plz help it just saying tuner: ford_ gas_ can does not support cail: FMFD2T5 tool update might be available.
I don't know :( plz help it just saying tuner: ford_ gas_ can does not support cail: FMFD2T5 tool update might be available.