Diesel leak

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Panhandle89

Diesel leak

Post by Panhandle89 »

I have diesel fumes in my cab for the first time. There is visible wetness from diesel on top of motor. It is not coming from fuel filter cap. My warranty expires in a couple of weeks. What would be the concerns when I take it back to dealer for the repair?
Panhandle89

RE: Diesel leak

Post by Panhandle89 »

Leak ended up being a gasket or "O" ring underneath the the fuel filter casing. Under warranty repair. I only have about 2 weeks left on my 5 years. Does anyone know of any issues that I need to get checked out on the 6.0 at this stage. It is a 2006 F-250. i would like to bring everything I can to their attention just as documentation. Thanks for the help.
mikel

RE: Diesel leak

Post by mikel »

Interesting...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
shel82

Post by shel82 »

Yeah get your headgasket and head bolts checked and your egr cooler and all your injectors.
Panhandle89

Post by Panhandle89 »

shel82,
Will they(Ford) check these out for you? Is preventitive maintenance covered in the warranty or should I just tell them something is wrong and stay on them until it does break down? Dang sure running good with Bucks new tunes!!
shel82

Post by shel82 »

well they probably won't fix any of it for you if nothing is currently wrong, but they can certainly check them all to make sure. These are things I had done before my warranty expired but my head gasket actually went just before (nothing to do with chip, this was prior to having it) and they just did my egr at the same time because I was comming to the end of my warranty and they checked to make sure all my injectors were functioning properly because they would have done them too if something was wrong. Now you may have to pay to have these things checked but it is worth it. Injectors are over $300 a piece and you have 8 and the head gasket is a $1000 fix and the egr is about $400. The only thing I could suggest to get these things fixed under warrant before it is up would be to say you think there may be a problem with one or all of them because they can all be tested for proper function.
Panhandle89

Post by Panhandle89 »

Thanks shel82. Good info to have. I will get it done for sure.