GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you'd get it back in 2-4 weeks...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
wheelin4fun

Post by wheelin4fun »

Wow, that's not bad at all...
2007 Silverado 1500 LS Classic 4.8 liter CAI Awaiting a Diablo Tune...
pcguy760

Post by pcguy760 »

Hello, first post lol - I was considering buying a used U7198 until I found out there are newer versions and the guy who has been selling alot of the older units on Ebay just told me that there is really no performance difference when using the "canned" tunes from the U7198 vs. the latest U7198 unless you want to do datalogging, etc. with your PC. Now I will not go into detail how "trustworthy" people on Ebay are but I thought I would ask you first (Mike or Lew ??) what are your thoughts on his opinion? Thanks. Mo
mikel

Post by mikel »

If you cant log, you miss half the fun of owning a predator.
the older tools also had fewer adjustable parameters, and cant be updated over the internet.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
pcguy760

Post by pcguy760 »

Sorry for the error but I just found out the unit is NOT actually a U7198 but a Granatelli Predator and I noticed on the side of the box it states "Granatelli Motorsports - 998917" - the sellers claims that this can do everything a U7198 can do and is basically the same thing. Something does not sound right to me.... So I would like to know from you guys...

1. Can this old skool predator do 87 Octane Performance Tuning?
2. Change wheel sizes for bigger wheels?
3. Can it be upgraded to the latest version with the upgrade service that you offer?

OR am I just better off buying a new unit (He wants $150 for it and its complete in the box)... good or bad deal?
pcguy760

Old Skool - OG Predator lol.

Post by pcguy760 »

Nm, I found the answers to all my questions from researching these forums. From all the reading I did the past few days here, I honestly would NOT recommend anyone to buy a USED unit unless they can personally 100% verify its the newest and works....

UPDATE : Got a damn good deal on a slightly used U7198 ver. 9R15 complete with USB link and AC Adapter all for $225 shipped - woohoo. Glad I waited one more day :)
Rlyoun

Re: disgruntled

Post by Rlyoun »

thejstar wrote:on-line updating is only available if you have a brand new one. but as the rma page states, ebay purchases do not qualify for a shipping only upgrade.
OK...I am curious HOW This Applies...There Are"Authorized Dealers"(so they say)...On ebay...I was Planning on Purchasing a Programmer...Not sure which One Yet??? Trinity...Predator or predator 2??? If I buy a New one Off Of ebay sounds Like I am Screwed for the On-line Updates??? ARE On-line Updates anything Like This Here Update...In THIS Thread??? This Whole Programming Purchase Is Getting or At Least seeming to be a Futile Effort??? Perhaps Money is Just Better Spent on a Dyno Tune then Be Done with it...NOT EVEN Needing a Tuner??? Seems How I have No Answers to Why One Is Beneficial to Have...
cheetaher

RE: Re: RE: just purchased my u7192

Post by cheetaher »

I have a 06 Chevy 2500HD and The Speed Limit isn't adjusting. It stays At 97 mpg and wont go higher even after I tell it to. What Do I need to Do?
Angelicas06

Upgrade Offer Predator to Trinity available?

Post by Angelicas06 »

I have been using a Superchips until this year and changed to your Predator and I love your product. I just wish I bought a Diablo from the start. I liked the Trinity but was skeptical with what I just went thru with Superchips. Dealing with so so programming all the way to the SC handheld taking a crap and on the way out trashed the OEM ECU to the point that flashing wouldn't work but ordering another and flashing it. :drivingbad: But now that you are offering this trade up can we take it to the next level? I would appreciate it javascript:emoticon(':twisted:')
06MonteSS

RE: Upgrade Offer Predator to Trinity available?

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you trade in the predator towards a trinity purchase, you'll get a $99 credit towards the trinity...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ftrspeedy

RE: Upgrade Offer Predator to Trinity available?

Post by ftrspeedy »

why not make a real incentive, if u trade in give half off on a trinity.
2008 silverado 1500
heavy duty 5.3L
k&n cai
poweraid tb spacer
muffler removed
Edel ceramic coated shorty headers
huggerorangess

Re: RE: Re: RE: just purchased my u7192

Post by huggerorangess »

06MonteSS wrote:yes, you will lose the ability to disable the rear O2 codes... you will need to get a custom tune created (for free) to have those
For free? Do you get one free tune....whats the deal with that?
My Predator will not disable the rear O2 codes anyway (it is an old one)!
06MonteSS

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: just purchased my u7192

Post by 06MonteSS »

no... diablosport does not do that anymore... would need to get a custom tune done by a diablosport CMR custom tuner, like myself... I can do just the trouble codes and related items for just $35... or I can do a full custom tune for you for only $125... http://www.diablewtune.com
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
4shane76

Post by 4shane76 »

I have a u7193 for an 04 chevy silverado 2500 and have bios 6.01 software rev 2.10 and hardware rev1.01. Can I use the online updater or do I need to send this in? I don't plan on data logging so do I need to update? After updating will the tunes be better ?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. that 2.10 is an olllllllld tool... you need to send it in for the upgrade....

yes, the new version tools have updated tunes, data logging, can download the latest revision updates from online, and with the new tune file format you can get better custom tuning done for it/your truck...

and if you're thinking of ever wanting or needing to get custom tuning done, you WILL need to record data logs, so yes, you'd need the new upgraded model...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune