U7165

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

randrball

U7165

Post by randrball »

i updated to the latest versioin ....8R14 and now i can not view trouble codes. i have reset the live table with no success. i guess the up side is that codes can be cleared. do you have any suggestions?
mikel

RE: U7165

Post by mikel »

This is the first I've heard of such an issue. Does the Predator display an error message, let me know what happens when it should be displaying the codes.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
randrball

Post by randrball »

no errors, just displays no codes to display. i just clear the codes without being able to view them.. thanks in advance...
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

maybe you don't really have any trouble codes?? is your SES or any trouble lights on, on your dash??

I haven't had any trouble lights on my dash, and when I go to view trouble codes, it just tells me "No trouble codes found" - so, there must be no trouble (hopefully! LOL)... which I assume there wouldn't be, since I had no trouble lights on my dash.
mikel

Post by mikel »

randrball wrote:no errors, just displays no codes to display. i just clear the codes without being able to view them.. thanks in advance...
Yeah, it seems like you have no codes! Is the check engine light on? If not, there will be no codes. If it is on, try restoring the stock tune and see if it stays on. If so, and it still shows no codes, I'd suggest having the dealer look at it.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

randrball wrote:no errors, just displays no codes to display. i just clear the codes without being able to view them.. thanks in advance...
Yeah, it seems like you have no codes! Is the check engine light on? If not, there will be no codes. If it is on, try restoring the stock tune and see if it stays on. If so, and it still shows no codes, I'd suggest having the dealer look at it.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
randrball

Post by randrball »

definately trouble codes should be present. truck is having boost & egr problems so i have been using the programmer to view my trouble codes. here recently, it will not show my codes, but is able to clear them. i reinstalled the stock tune and truck is still turning on the check engine light and no codes to be shown. the only thing i have done different is update the programmer because of the anticipated trip to the dealer. maybe i'll try the update again.
mikel

Post by mikel »

randrball wrote:definately trouble codes should be present. truck is having boost & egr problems so i have been using the programmer to view my trouble codes. here recently, it will not show my codes, but is able to clear them. i reinstalled the stock tune and truck is still turning on the check engine light and no codes to be shown. the only thing i have done different is update the programmer because of the anticipated trip to the dealer. maybe i'll try the update again.
Do you have access to another truck (03-07) that you could try checking codes on? If you unplug the EGR valve on a healthy truck while running, it will throw a code. Try to read it with the Predator, if it reads, there is an issue with your truck, if not then it may be the Predator.
Let me know!

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com