LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

kevoscamaro

Logging data

Post by kevoscamaro »

Can u make a video of the class ? Some of us are computer illiterate and learn best by repeating what we just watched.
06MonteSS

RE: Logging data

Post by 06MonteSS »

what class? there is no class... the "class" is reading my info/instructions in my initial post to learn from that....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
trubulldog2006

Post by trubulldog2006 »

will this work on my 2003 ford mustang gt? or only gm vehicles?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

nope... only for GM vehicles... fords are totally different, don't have the same parameters or even the same adjustability that GM's do...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Online link [Validator]

Post by Online link [Validator] »

About to start this process, quick ?? I have no Converters, should I turn off COT in my tune, then start with my 1st log? thanks.. tried to look for the answer in the thread but did not c it.
Dictatorsaurus

Re: LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR S

Post by Dictatorsaurus »

I installed the 91 Octane tune on my G8 GT and did a 100 miles then did data log.

Since the L76 in the G8 has DoD (Active fuel management), I cruised around 1900rpm in SPORT mode which disables the DoD.

Is the SPORT mode suitable to do Data log or do I need to redo the log in Normal mode?
fluidfalcon

Post by fluidfalcon »

2-cents worth......sport mode and normal mode both have Displacement on Demand/Active Fuel Mgt. Only "manual" mode of tap shifting holding gears "disables DoD/AFM." Meaning sport/normal both allow 4 cylinder mode in partial throttle. Only way to disable it is ticking the option in a tuner like the Diablosport InTune turn off in all cases.

You can see for yourself.....look at your steering wheel. The left "thumbwheel"? With the ignition key off....click-hold that thumbwheel down, turn the ignition key engine start. Lift off the thumbwheel. Scroll dial down until you see the Active Fuel Management. Leave it on there as you drive around. "Half active" means 4 cylinder mode.
Dictatorsaurus

Post by Dictatorsaurus »

fluidfalcon wrote:2-cents worth......sport mode and normal mode both have Displacement on Demand/Active Fuel Mgt. Only "manual" mode of tap shifting holding gears "disables DoD/AFM." Meaning sport/normal both allow 4 cylinder mode in partial throttle. Only way to disable it is ticking the option in a tuner like the Diablosport InTune turn off in all cases.

You can see for yourself.....look at your steering wheel. The left "thumbwheel"? With the ignition key off....click-hold that thumbwheel down, turn the ignition key engine start. Lift off the thumbwheel. Scroll dial down until you see the Active Fuel Management. Leave it on there as you drive around. "Half active" means 4 cylinder mode.
How about doing data log in manual mode then? would that work since DoD would not kick in?
fluidfalcon

Post by fluidfalcon »

Yeah, manual mode keeps Displacement on Demand off....so all 8 fire all the time.
See what I mean in the "engineering mode" above. Left thumwheel click held while turn the key. Scroll down to DoD/AFM.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

or easy way, just modify the tune and disable DOD/AFM, heh... then it's all 8, all the time, no matter what... ;)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
joelkolenda

Post by joelkolenda »

hey im trying to use the DSLogRedux with my intune on my 05 silverado 5.3 and i keep getting an error for AFR not being logged but i cant figure out how to log it with the intune. any ideas?

thanks joel
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

your 2005 truck does not have or report any AFR data, so you can't log it on your truck....

so when you get that popup in DSLogRedux, it's not an error message - it asks if you are logging with a 7192, 7193, etc.. just answer/select YES and the program will continue to run and you can still analyze your ltft data...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
fluidfalcon

Post by fluidfalcon »

06MonteSS wrote:your 2005 truck does not have or report any AFR data, so you can't log it on your truck.......
Air Fuel Ratio (AFR), why is his 5.3 Silverado not using it's Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) or Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensors to monitor/maintain AFR of 14.7 stoich at idle? How could it not have AFR monitored?
joelkolenda

Post by joelkolenda »

Ok thanks.

Joel
scottirox

Post by scottirox »

Will the dslogredux software work with the intune t1000 as well?