Dead Battery???

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

markass1981

Dead Battery???

Post by markass1981 »

I just hooked my Trinity into a 2003 GMC yesterday and this morning my battery is dead!!!

I checked too make sure nothing was left on and there was nothing left on!!

I believe it is the Trinity! Any others with this problem, any fixes?

The amber light does not stop flashing and if you touch the screen while the vehicle is off the screen will pop right up! Does this unit not turn off when turning the truck off???

Would love to figure this out today as I have to work all week with no time to mess with it! Any help is appreciated!
mikel

Re: Dead Battery???

Post by mikel »

options/change sleep monitoring/set to 60 seconds.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
markass1981

Post by markass1981 »

What a 600.00 POS, dead battery again! I want my money back, this thing sucks! does nothing and kills my battery!

Figure out a fix fast or this this is going back!!!
mikel

Post by mikel »

you changed it to 60 seconds?

We have not had issues with tis, as you can see by the lack of others running into this.
We have 1000s of these units in the field, and it is not common by any means, and even less so on GM vehicles...

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you changed the option to 60 seconds and it's STILL doing it? then sounds like a bad battery not holding a charge, or the alternator not charging the battery when you do drive it...

because the trinity doesn't drain the battery like that on GM's... unless your battery is pretty week and needs replacing anyway...

don't leave the trinity plugged in for a few days, let the vehicle sit like you've done before, and see if it happens again...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
markass1981

Post by markass1981 »

Battery is fine when Trinity is not hooked up!!! Only when it is hooked up does the battery die! It only goes dead after at least 8hrs of sitting! Please tell me you have an answer???
markass1981

Post by markass1981 »

Unplugged the unit for the last five nights with no dead battery! Left it plugged in last night on accident and sure enough it was dead!

This has to be the Trinity! Please help me out so I don't have to send this back!!! I kinda like it otherwise!

Battery also tested good! It is a heavy duty Cat battery, has to be good enough???

Would anymore info help?
ricks

Post by ricks »

mikel wrote:options/change sleep monitoring/set to 60 seconds.
Have you done this?
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
markass1981

Post by markass1981 »

Yes, I did change it too 60sec.
oemtech

Post by oemtech »

markass1981 wrote:Yes, I did change it too 60sec.

I had the some issue and I now make sure that I am back to the MAIN Menu and yes I have the sleep time at 60 sec. It seems that if you leave it ina any sub menu it does not turn off completley.
2010 Dodger Challenger R/T 6 Speed
Robski

Post by Robski »

Have mine set to 60 secs on my 2011 Challenger and battery died overnight in car. Car has less than 9,000 miles on it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

based on some things we are seeing, it looks like the 11+ LX/LCs may have a battery drain issue, on their own, which is compounded by the Trinity being plugged in....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
markass1981

Post by markass1981 »

I left my interior lights on by accident over the weekend and the battery did not die! Thought I would leave Trinity plugged in again and sure enough the battery was dead in the am!

There has to be an update or fix for this???
markass1981

Post by markass1981 »

This is a 2003 GMC 8.1 liter, not a challenger!!!
Samich6

Post by Samich6 »

Same issue on 2012 Challenger R/T Classic Plus. I have dead battery after 6+ hours of sitting. Changed settings, still have a dead battery. Took car to Interstate Battery (with Trinity plugged in), after they did a load test they said the battery was no good. Same day I took it to the Dodge house. I set back program to original backup, unplugged and removed Trinit for warranty's sake. They kept car for 2 days and performed 3 tests on battery and the battery showed to be perfect. Got car back today at 11:00 am, I immediately installed Trinity with 93 Octane and at 5:00 pm battery was DEAD again. I see a lot of post regarding this as well as responses from Diablo...but I am not seeing a solution. I have ran plenty of other brands of programmers in various other cars and never had this issue. As someone stated in an earlier post, this needs to be fixed. $600.00 and its killing my battery. I shouldn't have to unplug it every time. Trinity needs to better educate the consumer OR place warnings with their product. I had issues with my 2012 Challenegr not being found and with the Push Start feature as well. I even called prior to and was not told anything about removing the feature to install. I had to find out the hard way, 2 hours later, 40 minutes on hold and sweating bullets thinking the Trinity ruined my program and I was going to void my warranty. PLEASE HELP US DIABLO, is there a fix to this?