2010-2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

pcabinatan

2010-2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

Post by pcabinatan »

Hey guys,

I'm sure I dont speak for just myself when I say, the Genesis Coupe community could use a tuning program. There are companies that reflash ECM's, but it would be great to just be able to utilize your tooling with out having to take out the ECM, send it into whomever to reflash it, and leaving your car parked for any amount of time.
It seams the 2.0T crowd gets the better toys, just for the tuning capabilities of their motors, but our 3.8's have alot of potential as well and we would like to get those benifits.

Thanks!
Genecoupe

Re: 2010-2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

Post by Genecoupe »

Also would love to have you guys make a programmer for the genesis coupe. I own a 2013 3.8.
rdg

Re: 2010-2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupely 3.8

Post by rdg »

i have predator tuner for my 06 doge magnum and 09 dodge ram. LOVE your tuner and would defiantly buy one for my 11 gen coupe 3.8 when you offer it.
theston21

Post by theston21 »

i would be all in for a tuner for my 3.8 , please produce one!!
matik

Post by matik »

I would def be in as well. Got a '12 Gen coupe 3.8 :)
GCkarsten

Post by GCkarsten »

I had your guys Diablosport Predator handled device for my 2005 Mustang GT. I loved that thing! It came loaded with a tune and it was as simple as plug and play. As I modified the mustang further all I had to do was contact a tuner to email me an updated program for the ECU to make adjustments to timing, AF ratio, O2 sensors off, TC off, etc, etc. I now own a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8L V6, which I love but if I want a tune, which I desperately do, I have to mail the ECU itself out to a tuner across the country or get lucky enough to have a tuner visit a local dyno for a custom tuning session which usually requires 6+ cars which is hard to gather up.

If you guys are serious about making a product to support the Genesis Coupe?????? I will buy one for 100% certainty!
GCflats392

Post by GCflats392 »

It's about time that the GC 3.8 starts getting a bit of luv specially with the tunes.
GCkarsten

Post by GCkarsten »

The GC community right now only has a couple of options for tuning, all of which are $700+. The community as a whole isn't left with any other options so we get stuck overpaying. I really think the market is there for an affordable tuning solution, like your Predator unit. The Genesis Coupe has now been on the market for 4+ years which means a lot of cars are nearing the end of their warranty and a lot of people are now starting to pick them up off the used car lots with little to no warranty left to protect and they are wanting to build the car to its potential right away. The only problem is our tuning options which currently are:

1. gather enough cars to make it worthwhile for a tuner to come locally and perform dyno tunes. Price varies depending on # of cars and type of tune and the possibility of actually organizing this kind of event is damn near impossible.

2. Mail your ECU in to tuner, car is de-comissioned while you wait to get it back. If anything goes wrong, ie: you get a cel light you don't have the option to flash back you have to mail it back in. Massively pain in the ass to say the least. This is probably our cheapest option right now but also the biggest hassle as you might imagine.

3. You can purchase an entirely new ECU that has already been tuned for roughly $750. Now you have two ecu's so you can go back to stock but you are looking at spending another huge chunk of $ if you modify further and require an updated tune.

I strongly think you guys at Diablosport should take a look at the Genesis Coupe community, I think you'll find loads and loads of potential customers. Visit http://www.Gencoupe.com and take a look at the forum. There's even a thread already created specifically to gauge interest in Diablosport. If ya'll were to go in and introduce yourselves I think you'll be surprised. I also think that most folks in the Gencoupe community don't know who Diablosport even is yet. So if something is in the works for us please let us know.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The Predator is dead. You'll never get one of those. The inTune replaced it ($389), and the step up is the Trinity ($599).
GCkarsten

Post by GCkarsten »

The Genesis gets no love from Diablosport either, bummer. Too bad, the market is there.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

It has nothing to do with not getting love. There are other things ahead of it, that have been waiting much longer, number 1; and things don't get done overnight, number 2.

Just be happy they're even considering it. If I was running the company I wouldn't even do that. I'd keep the company strictly domestic (and if I had to expand it would be to Europe, certainly not Asia. Euro owners have more money and get raped on mods).
Genecoupe

Post by Genecoupe »

Anyone from diablo sport watching this thread?
mikel

Post by mikel »

so, not only are we watching, but strongly considering the Genesis applications.

Oddly enough, I started a thread here:
http://genesisforums.org/technical-tuning-ems-efi/

And got NO replies....

Then went here:
http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai-ge ... y.php?f=89
registered, started a new thread, and it seems moderators will not approve it as it has not shown up yet.

Any insight on a large Genesis online community with some knowledge to share would be great ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

so, I got more interest here than on the 2 Genesis forums I am posting on, what gives?
http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai-ge ... y.php?f=89

Am I in the wrong place?
Im giving this one more week, then moving on to the next application that shows some enthusiasm :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Genecoupe

Post by Genecoupe »

Mikel, you are going to the wrong place. Try www.gencoupe.com and post in the general forum area at the top. I am sure you will get a huge response!!!