2006 Mustang Mafia troubleshooting ?

MAF.i.a Support

Moderator: mikel

ttyellowgt

2006 Mustang Mafia troubleshooting ?

Post by ttyellowgt »

Hello,

I have a 2006 Mustang 4.6 turbo car that I am trying to figure out if I have a bad MAF or a bad Mafia. I have the Mafia set at position 2 and the car is well tuned and has been running great for over 2 years. The MAF is a VMP HPX just for reference. Recently, and immediately following a burnout, the car started acting up. One minute it's fine the next minute it's not scenario. I hooked up my Livelink and data logged the car and found that the MAF voltage is stuck at .12 volts and does not move. The counts do not climb either. I checked the voltage of the main harness and confirmed the voltage on one side of the plug to be right at 5V and the other side to be battery voltage. I then connected the Mafia and got identical reading on the other end of the cable. I then changed the setting on the Mafia and re-sampled with no change. Still hung at .12V and MAF counts of 25. I have thought MAF sensor all along and even ordered a replacement but the thing that makes me wonder is the fact that I plugged the sensor directly into the main harness and the car idled very erratic and the voltage on the data showed to be in the .55-1.5V range. I can't plug the main harness directly into the MAF when it is installed as I need the Mafia to act as an extension cable. Plug the Mafia back up and the car cranks, idles and free revs fine but goes immediately lean under any amount of boost. BTW, temperature makes no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
mikel

Re: 2006 Mustang Mafia troubleshooting ?

Post by mikel »

Id suggest sending the Mafia in for testing...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
ttyellowgt

Post by ttyellowgt »

mikel wrote:Id suggest sending the Mafia in for testing...

I will but do you think it sounds like a Mafia issue from what I described? Also, what is the turn around time?

Brian
mikel

Post by mikel »

yes, it sounds like it is likely a Mafia issue, turnaround is usually 7-10 days from the time we receive it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com