2012 f150 ecoboost

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

sohfast94

Re: 2012 f150 ecoboost

Post by sohfast94 »

morg9819 wrote:...Or no update on where you guys are at with the tune - that's cool.

It's only been 7 months since this thread was started :shock:

If you are going to hold out for the tune to be perfect, that is GREAT. However, vagueness and/or not updating your loyal customers (who are waiting and aren't taking their business elsewhere) isn't.

Not complaining - just letting you know that even the most loyal customer wont be loyal for long if there seems to be no product that will be available. They will go elsewhere.

so...?

:punisher:
Don't worry guys. Once we're done with the tunes/support etc... You'll know. It's a little tough at the moment and we've had a lot of stuff going on all at once.
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
morg9819

Post by morg9819 »

Thank you :mrgreen:

Any rough guestimation as to when this might occur? Are we talkin.... end of the year, or some time next year?

If it is unknown, I understand.

Thanks again guys - all I was wanting was some kind of a response.
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

I'll say 1st quarter tenatively

morg9819

Post by morg9819 »

Thought so... you have time to avoid and delete posts but not to reply to them. There will be lots of word-of-mouth on the F150Forum.com, F150Online.com forums, and my cousin's Dodge Charger forums. Glad my $600 went elsewhere.

Thanks guys - dissapointed.

Dont worry, the last post you'll have to delete :wink:
mikel

Post by mikel »

I just dont understand, how are you upset with us for not supporting something that we never said was supported, or released any sort of timeframe for?

Im sorry you are upset, but please move on.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
morg9819

Post by morg9819 »

Upset about not communicating to your customers - eventhough I (and others for longer) was waiting for 5 months. Thats all. Not to mention, this thread was started HOW LONG AGO? At which time it was stated a tune would come out in several months. So yes, you guys are responsible for updating us. What upsets me is the vagueness, ignoring of posts, and not to mention DELETING posts because you dont want to be honest with your customers who have spent their hard earned money on your product(s).

You (and I mean Diablo - not personally) have lost sight that the happiness of your customers is what GIVES YOU YOUR JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE. Where do you think pay checks come from? That money doesn't grow on a tree out back.

If your not working on the tune - say so.
If your working on it but it looks like it is far out - say so.
If it is coming out tomorrow - say so.

Even if you have nooo clue - say so.

I see now that customer service is quite a foreign concept to you here at Diablo. :punisher:

This all stems from a simple "Any date in sight?" question. Not hard to answer.
Last edited by morg9819 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morg9819

Post by morg9819 »

But, I am impressed that you did not delete my last post. Honestly, its a good sign. A step in the right direction.
mikel

Post by mikel »

morg9819 wrote:But, I am impressed that you did not delete my last post. Honestly, its a good sign. A step in the right direction.
well, if you dont do anything blatantly rude or tell our customers to switch to SCT, I will leave anything up here....start acting like that again and there will be deletes and bans ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
morg9819

Post by morg9819 »

Yup, understand you there. Actually, I apologize for mentioning competitors on YOUR forum (Not because of the ban statement - not a big deal seeing as I no longer need Diablo support). I am pretty candid and if I see an issue I will voice it. You can't change if you are unaware of the problem. I was trying to help in my own way :wink:.

Just, in the future... keep your customers in the know. You'll notice that it is greatly appreciated and if something isnt out yet - it is much easier to wait and remain loyal to a company if you aren't in the dark.

I wish you guys luck with the Ecoboost tune! I believe there is a big opportunity there, especially with the gains you can get on a turbo'd engine.

Have a good one! :D
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

The PCM is not all that fun to get into so we're trying to ensure that we have a safe and reliable means of flashing and recovering it before anything else currently. I have a pretty good idea on tuning them so that shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

morg9819

Post by morg9819 »

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that it is becoming known (mostly for 2011) that ecoboosts have large variances in the Spark Plug Gap (assuming Ford recieved a couple of bad batches??). These variances range anywhere from .025 to .045. EVEN ON ONE ENGINE. Depending on how much boost you will add via your tune, the gap needs to be adjusted to somewhere between .030-.035.

If the gap is too large, like in my case... Upon WOT, the struck will misfire and lose power under high loads. So, you will want to communicate this to your customers when you get an Ecoboost tune ready to go. If these issues arrise, its likely because of Ford - not your tune.

I just wanted to give you guys the heads up - maybe save you some cash and/or time if you werent already aware of this. :mrgreen:
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

Interesting. Thanks.

Not so good on fords end geeze.

WanaDiabloTune

Post by WanaDiabloTune »

Ok, I am guessing after searching the forums.... :cry: we still don't have a tune. Any info on the 2013 ecoboost 3.5L tune?

thanks,
mikel

Post by mikel »

WanaDiabloTune wrote:Ok, I am guessing after searching the forums.... :cry: we still don't have a tune. Any info on the 2013 ecoboost 3.5L tune?

thanks,
in the works...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
budlun

Post by budlun »

It WILL be worth the wait. I have been using the diablosport tuners for many years and they will not release a tune unless it is right and safe to use. I was lucky enough to do some beta testing on my 2011 mustang. With nothing but Diablosport tune my car ran 12.39@117. That's with auto trans and stock 245/45/19 all season radials,and 3.15:1 gears. I have never had an issue that wasn't quickly resolved and I have a predator and two Trinity T-1000s, which I have used the last two on a number of different types of vehicles (one at a time) with no problems. You don't get that good at what you do overnight, so cut my man Mike and the rest of the Diablo crew some slack. They have a whole new crop of vehicles every year.They can't get them all at once. Diablosport ROCKS!!! The best tuners on the planet, PERIOD. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do so us gearheads can gofast, an extremely satisfied customer.