"Vehicle not supported" message

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
BlueSRT8

"Vehicle not supported" message

Post by BlueSRT8 »

So last weekend I finally got my summer wheels/tires swapped and yesterday I took my car in for a Spring tuneup/oil change. Today I decided it was time to load the 91 CAI tune on my 2010 Charger SRT8. This was my first time with my new inTune after replacing an older Predator.
I hooked it up and it said something like "may require an update". I disconnected and hooked it up to my PC. After an hour worth of downloading and installing it decided it was up-to-date.
I took it back to my car, connected it and got the same "may require an update" message. This time I answered no and continued on to the Load Tune option. It said something to the effect of "identifying vehicle" and after a minute reported "vehicle not supported". Now what??????????

here's the contents of the XML file on it:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<tool_info><main svn="5947" sw_rev="1r03h" full_version="InTune-1r03h 02/25/2013 05:23:14 PM"/>
<registration status="1" sn="CIHILF0-1"/>
<cal_id CM1="05150434ACkg370" PCM="68041662AF"/>
<restore bc="0" vin="2B3CA7CW0AH228632" id="0"/>
<system_db vin="1r01c" dtc="1r01a" info="1r01b"/>
<db pid="1r01a" tune="1r01b" mfr="DCX"/>
<db pid="1r01a" tune="1r01n" mfr="FORD"/>
<db pid="1r01a" tune="1r01q" mfr="GM"/>
<license tuned="0" avail="1"/>
<unsupported vin="2B3CA7CW0AH228632" oem="DCX" calid="68041662AF"/>
<updates count="3"/>
<oem tool_oem="DIABLO"/>
</tool_info>

thanks
Dave
2010 Deep Water Blue Charger SRT8
mods: Mopar CAI · Mopar Cat-Back · inTune 91 CAI tune
· alternate SRT wheels · Michelin Pilot Super Sports · Hawk HPS pads · StopTech SS lines
· Mopar T-handle shifter · AMG paddle shifters · re-badged · 20% tint · BT underhood kit · Chameleon Halos
mikel

Re: "Vehicle not supported" message

Post by mikel »

connect it to the pc again and let it download the update for the vehicle, then go to the car and load that update to the car then you'll be able to tune the vehicle.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
BlueSRT8

Post by BlueSRT8 »

Today I tried an update again: "Checking internet for updates. Please wait...", then "Checking internet for calibration updates. Please wait...", then "This inTune is up to date."
So I took it back to the car again. This time it recognized the car and said "A calibration update is available. Load it?"
I selected yes and it started the update. At 99% it told me to cycle the key to off. I turned the key to the off position and pressed the checkmark. It told me to cycle the key to on. I turned it to the run position and pressed the checkmark.
After about 5 seconds I got an "error encountered" message. I pressed the OK and it rebooted. A message came up after it booted saying it was in "recovery mode. Continue?" I pressed OK and it started the "calibration update is available" cycle again.
It's now stuck in that loop and can't complete the update without an "error encountered" after cycling the key back to the run position. I tried it three times and gave up...
· alternate SRT wheels · Michelin Pilot Super Sports · Hawk HPS pads · StopTech SS lines
· Mopar T-handle shifter · AMG paddle shifters · re-badged · 20% tint · BT underhood kit · Chameleon Halos
mikel

Post by mikel »

go through it again, and when it asks you to cycle the key, leave it in the RUN position and click the check marks on the tool.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
BlueSRT8

Post by BlueSRT8 »

Thanks Mike. I'll try that at noon on Tuesday and let you know how it went.

Dave
BlueSRT8

Post by BlueSRT8 »

Tried again today...
It booted.
"Recovery Mode, continue?" Yes
"Calibration Update available, continue?" Yes
Got to 99%.
I did NOT turn off the key when prompted to, I just pressed OK twice.
"An error occurred while installing calibration update, continue?" Yes
It rebooted and started the same cycle again.
I gave up.

Next?
mikel

Post by mikel »

please give us a call with the tool powered up in the car.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
BlueSRT8

Post by BlueSRT8 »

mikel wrote:please give us a call with the tool powered up in the car.

Thanks
I don't have it in my car at work with me today. It will have to be tomorrow at noon while I'm on lunch. How likely am I to end up on hold for an hour at 12:00 EST tomorrow?

The time I had to call about my Predator I was on hold for 40 minutes...
mikel

Post by mikel »

noon EST can be a bad time, as we start cycling through our lunch shifts, and we're all back by 2:00 PM....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
BlueSRT8

Post by BlueSRT8 »

You can't do whatever needs to be done with it connected to the PC? I know last night I connected to the PC and it came up in "Recovery Mode". Does it need a reset or something like I had to call about on my Predator last year?

Oh, also, after last night's attempt to load the calibration update, it displayed the following:
Application: 1r03h
DCX Tune Db: 1r01b(*)
Ford Tune Db: 1r01n(*)
GM Tune Db: 1r01q(*)
DCK PID Db: 1r01a(*)
Ford PID Db: 1r01a(*)
GM PID Db: 1r01a(*)
DTC Db: 1r01a(*)
??? Db: 1r01c(ok)
Info DB: 1r01b(*)

I may have something spelled wrong there, I'm trying to read them off a crappy cell phone camera pic...
BlueSRT8

Post by BlueSRT8 »

Got it reset and my tune successfully loaded this morning thanks to one of the guys on your support line (sorry didn't catch his name to give him a direct call-out).

Thanks for the help!

Dave
mikel

Post by mikel »

no problem, enjoy :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
chirco4890

Post by chirco4890 »

Hello, Mikel,
I am having what seems to be the same issue that the original poster is having with my intune dcx.
My vehicle is a 2010 challenger srt8 and I am getting a calibration id 68041662AF status Error
I connect it to my car and it boots up and screen says a update may be needed, So I disconnect the unit and connect it to my pc, searches for calibration updates then this error message.
Can you shed some light please?
Michael
When I accelerate I want the people around me to feel the World is coming to an End!