2011+ Dodge, Chrysler, Ram and Jeep Tuning

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

usmcking

Re: 2011+ Dodge, Chrysler, Ram and Jeep Tuning

Post by usmcking »

Any word on a tuner for the 2013 Challengers with the 3.6L V6 penstar. Seems like there is a lot for the 3.6l Jeep but have seen nothing for the Challengers.
mevermette

Post by mevermette »

2012 Chrysler 300 Mopar 12' Hemi 5.7L states doesn't support. Have installed the updates to my tuner from the website but when I hook it up in my car says doesn't support dcx_gas. CALID/PCM: 68188007AA. Please help
JayRTMax

Post by JayRTMax »

I know all of us 2013 owners are dying for a solution, but be patient. Not trying to be a nut swinger, but I know just enough about the technology to be dangerous and I know decrypting firmware is a lot harder than some of the guys around here seem to think. If Chrysler encrypted the bootloader with any degree of complexity, it could be a real nightmare to crack the PCM. If the manufacturer were really diabolical (see what I did there? :P) they could make it impossible for all intents and purposes because it would take so long. Hopefully they weren't that evil...
trbod

Post by trbod »

So.... Am I screwed or what?
2011 Ram 5.7 Ram with the 87 Octane tune installed.
I have been leaving the tuner inside the truck cause I've been playing with the tunes. I must have either pocket pushed my door locks open or was just stupid enough to leave it unlocked :oops: ... Some little punk went into my truck and stole my tuner :blowup: , sunglasses and all my gum ... they left my radar detector and tablet power connections etc. So i figure they were underage and didn't know any better. They probably took the tuner cause it looks like an old ipod ( little B*st*rds!!!)
My question is ...... what do i have to do to get a new tuner installed .... do I need to have the computer reflashed to factory and then re-tune or can i just buy a new tuner and flash over the 87 octane tune.
BTW can you guys give me a break on another tuner??? :roll:
some0ne49

Post by some0ne49 »

I have a 2013 Durango R/T and noticed the "Durango" was not listed on the original PDF. I want to start mods: CAI and Exhaust. My questions are:

1. If I buy a Trinity now will there be a update for my vehicle in the future that will work with that tuner?
2. Will the Virtual Dragstrip and Virtual Gauges work now (to test and tweak my mods)?
3. Will data logging work now?
4. I saw graft and code versions of data logs. Will the tuner output both versions (can't read code)?
5. I have seen offers on-line for gas card or store credit with purchase. Are all the trinity units the same hardware wise?

P.S. I want a tune for my Durango now, but I would rather have it right. Thanks.
some0ne49

Post by some0ne49 »

P.P.S. My birthday is August 17 if that matters.
Jim.greno

Post by Jim.greno »

Any idea when the trinity update will be available for the 2013 dodge charger 3.6L?
RSwenson

Post by RSwenson »

Hi just purchased the T1000. Took a bit to get the device Calibrated and updated for my 2011 Jeep Cherokee, but got there ok.

I finished the tune for 93 octane and fueled up the vehicle. I really can't notice any difference in response or power.

I actually used the Racing feature for 0-60 and got 9 seconds. The MotorTrend test of my Overland was 6.9 seconds. So that math would show I lost just over 2 seconds with the tune. ????

I also have a K&N Cold Intake, which adds a bit of extra noise, but I'm not sure that is providing any added horsepower either. The only real way to tell would be to put in on a Dyno and I don't have one of those. :)

We will see but I shelled out $600 for the Trinity and on the 0-10 Fun Meter, its a 2 for me.

I made few other tweaks to the Shift RPM, turned off MDS and the Speed Limiter, (although I doubt I will every be moving in excess of 120 mph. :)

Oh well live and learn. Worst case, I can always diag any issues, but I have yet to have any issues with my Jeep. It has 15K on the engine and I maintain it loyally. Most people that get in it for the first time think I just drove it off the showroom floor.

Bottom line, if you're looking for any "Throw me back in my seat performance, than you get with stock, I would NOT recommend this option. You may want to look at some serious mods on the engine, such as new manifolds and a swap on the exhaust.

Safe travels. I still love my GC Overland. It's still a head turner inside and out.
deanebliege

Post by deanebliege »

I can't get my trinity to unlock the pcm on my 11 ram . Already did updates still no luck
mevermette

Post by mevermette »

Any luck on chrysler 300 mopar 12 hemi? I've had my $600 tuner for 6 months and have yet been able to use it.
mevermette

Post by mevermette »

Any word on chrysler 300 mopar 12 hemi? I've yet been able to use my $600 tuner for 6 months I've owned it.
TunerTools

Post by TunerTools »

the 5.7L and 6.4L are tuned....... both the Trinity and the inTune DCX work on that model.
What's the issue?
Cheers,
Lloyd
www.TunerTools.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

mevermette wrote:Any luck on chrysler 300 mopar 12 hemi? I've had my $600 tuner for 6 months and have yet been able to use it.
M12 cals have been supported for some time now...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Stryker88

Post by Stryker88 »

Any idea on '13 rams?? Waiting for a tuner to install s/c or turbo!!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Stryker88 wrote:Any idea on '13 rams?? Waiting for a tuner to install s/c or turbo!!
how about....today?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com