ABS Light / Service ABS coming on after flash

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

SG2550

ABS Light / Service ABS coming on after flash

Post by SG2550 »

Hey guys just got truck back from shop with fresh lift, gears, and new meats. The issue I am encountering is after I flashed in the new ring gear and tire size the ABS light went off but about 1 in 5 key cycles or even every other cycle it comes back on. When this happens I just cycle the ignition again and it clears. I am wondering if any of you guys have advice or maybe have encountered this and could offer some feedback? ITS ANNOYING PERIOD. :blowup:

03 silverado 1500 4x4
running predator pre loaded 89 oct tune w personal modifications

Just a side note I had 4:56s installed, noticed in the tuner that i could only input 4:55? Didn't know if this could have an effect cause its not EXACT??
mikel

Re: ABS Light / Service ABS coming on after flash

Post by mikel »

you are out of range for the ABS controller, only fix I know iof is to restore, let the dealer reprogram ABS with the tallest tire/gear option they can, then try again
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
SG2550

Post by SG2550 »

mikel wrote:you are out of range for the ABS controller, only fix I know iof is to restore, let the dealer reprogram ABS with the tallest tire/gear option they can, then try again
OK, I will give it a try. Thanks
SG2550

Post by SG2550 »

mikel wrote:you are out of range for the ABS controller, only fix I know iof is to restore, let the dealer reprogram ABS with the tallest tire/gear option they can, then try again
Mike just a little FYI, I reflashed using actual tire size as opposed to the overall tire diameter and it seems to have corrected the issue :)
mikel

Post by mikel »

interesting, good find.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com