Dead Battery???

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

papabear1544

Re: Dead Battery???

Post by papabear1544 »

Had my trinity in my 06 charger for 3 years with no problem. It's now in an 05 GMC Yukon XL that I've only had for about 2 weeks and I'm currently waiting for AAA to come jump start my battery for the 2nd time. I'm sorry, I know unplugging it isn't the end of the world but for $600.00 should me really have to?? I feel there are enough complaints about this issue to warrant a software fix. My timer was set to 5 seconds. I'm going to try setting it to 60 and see what happens but from everyone's posts, I'm not holding my breath....
Rennteam

Post by Rennteam »

Had the Trinity on my GC SRT 2014 for a couple of days and no issues, the Trinity was connected all the time and the display turned off when I turned off the engine and closed the car, only an orange light was keeping blinking.
Yesterday however, when I came to the car, the battery was dead. The Trinity was ON (after I opened the car with the key, I touched the Trinity and the display went on, despite the car not starting anymore).
So i removed the Trinity, jump started the car, drove to the dealer and everything was OK with the car, so the dealer blamed the Trinity too.
Drove almost 400 km to Austria afterwards (without the Trinity attached), left the car in the parking lot of a ski resort overnight at freezing temperatures and this morning the car started by the first push of the start button.

So it was clearly the Trinity. Maybe DS should install some sort of "safety switch": When the ignition is turned off, the Trinity should power off too after halfan hour or less. I am also surprised that Jeep doesn't have some sort of safety feature to power down almost everything when the car "senses" a battery drain.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you need to set the sleep time to the max, which is 60 seconds... or, don't leave it plugged in all the time... those are the fixes....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
hemi939

Post by hemi939 »

I have a 2011 Challenger SRT8 and I had the same problem. Plugged Trinity in, did a tune, left it plugged in and in the garage and a few days later went to start it and it was dead, really dead.
No problems before Trinity, glad to hear it wasn't just me.
I haven't plugged it back in since.
Thanks
Hemi939

"if you're not first....you're last!"
Ricky Bobby
sugizo

Post by sugizo »

I have a 2014 GrandCherokee SRT8 and I had the same problem. :cry:
mikel

Post by mikel »

options/set sleep monitor/raise to 60 seconds.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
isato01

Post by isato01 »

I have the same problem with my 2014 f150 installed the new update las week end and it worked ....today mi wife wanted to get the truck out if the garage and the battery dead :drivingbad:
mikel

Post by mikel »

options/set sleep monitor/raise to 60 seconds.
isato01 wrote:I have the same problem with my 2014 f150 installed the new update las week end and it worked ....today mi wife wanted to get the truck out if the garage and the battery dead :drivingbad:
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Devan69

Post by Devan69 »

I haven't had my battery dead yet but I just got my trinity 3 days ago and love it. But seems after my car sits for a couple hours my alarm doesn't won't to respond to unlock my doors. Factory alarm but car still cranks. Kind of scared I might not be able to get In my car one day. I figured maybe the battery is getting low but I would figure if the car can crank just fine then there has to be enough juice to unlock the car. Cranking the car takes more power then unlocking doors.

Also I noticed that I keep getting the check tire monitoring system message now. When I use my dash display it shows my back left tire has no value. Tire is full. I just reinstalled the Diablo tune unmodified and changed the sleep timer to 60 and see how that works.

If that fixes the alarm issue good if doesn't fix the tire system I'll reflash the stock original back up and see if that fixes it
rlogden

Post by rlogden »

Hate to break it to Diablo, but I just recently bought the Diablo 1000 for my 2011 Ford F-150 5.0. Love the Performance tune, but within 2 days after I installed the programmer, truck was dead. I did leave the programmer installed so I could view the specs while I drove. The Monday morning I found it dead, I thought maybe my battery was just old enough to replace. So, spent the money to buy another battery. 1 week later, that next Monday....THIS MORNING! I wake up to another dead....brand new battery. Now, I'm not the one to get mad over simple things like this, but it frustrates the hell out of me when I run late to work because of a programmer problem. I have now currently unplugged the programmer to see if things clear up, but it seems like something is staying on over the Saturday and Sundays that I don't touch the truck. Never had this problem until I installed the programmer.

I know the next question will be does the programmer turn off after engine is turned off and the answer is yes. The programmer does shut off, I also seriously doubt that little computer can kill a brand new battery. Not sure of the problem, but if this happens again with the programmer being disconnected then I will simply program my truck back to factory settings and call diablo for a refund. Like I said, I love the programmer, but there is something installed on this programmer that now is on my truck that is killing my battery.
rlogden

Post by rlogden »

Mikel, "set timer to 60 seconds" if you know about this problem and its happening more often, then UPDATE the programmer to accept a DEFAULT 60 seconds kill switch. Its gotta be simple to do, don't think all of your customers know how this works. The update should include a default 60 second timer to kill programmer after engine has shut off.
Last edited by rlogden on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikel

Post by mikel »

rlogden wrote:Mikel, if you post another "set timer to 60 seconds to my post I will punch you in the throat" if you know about this problem and its happening more often, then UPDATE the programmer to accept a DEFAULT 60 seconds kill switch. Its gotta be simple to do, don't think all of your customers know how this works. The update should include a default 60 second timer to kill programmer after engine has shut off.
enjoy your time away from the forum :)

dont threaten me....lol.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
rlogden

Post by rlogden »

This shows the integrity of you and diablo. I will be calling the diablo now and making sure your name comes up in the topic.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Well, looks like my ban stick doesn't work.
If you come here and threaten myself or any of my co-workers, you cut off your support. Enjoy your Trinity, but expect no assistance from those you threaten with physical violence.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

and you speak of integrity, after you edit your post to try to hide your violent intentions?
LOL

Take note that I quoted you before you edited it ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com