2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

wtrent75

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71

Post by wtrent75 »

I have 2004 GMC sierra Z71 with 5.3 and have added exhaust and a jet performance mass air flow sensor. I have the U7193 performance tune on it. After I installed the maf I am getting to much air and it is throwing a maf code. How do I adjust my fuel to even this out?
mikel

Re: 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71

Post by mikel »

Honestly, you are better off putting the stock MAF back on and not spending forever trying to dial in that new MAF, when it is not adding any power ;)

The stock GM MAFs are awesome pieces, nothing the aftermarket makes has anywhere near the resolution and measuring ability of the stock piece, and the stock units on your older truck are good to 450+ rwhp N/A at a minimum....

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Re: 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71

Post by 06MonteSS »

get rid of the aftermarket MAF sensor... bad bad bad.. Aftermarket MAF sensors do not report true, correct information to the pcm... aftermarket MAF sensor calibrations fool the pcm into thinking the engine is running leaner than it really is, so when trying to tune it and adjust the fueling correctly, it will never really be right/correct, because that aftermarket MAF sensor is not reporting true/accurate info to begin with... Plus, they usually cause idle and driveability issues.. once you put your stock GM MAF sensor back on, I'm sure you'll notice it idles and drives much smoother...

Plus, the stock GM MAF sensors are good for 550/600+ hp anyway, so there is no reason to change it... So put the stock GM MAF sensor back on... If you don't have it anymore, then get one... ;-)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net