2014 Kia Forte Turbo 1.6L TUNES NEEDED

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

itsjustme

2014 Kia Forte Turbo 1.6L TUNES NEEDED

Post by itsjustme »

Still offering a 2014 Kia Forte Koup sx Turbo 1.6L for testing when/if needed. You say yes I'll bring it completely stock.
Last edited by itsjustme on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikel

Re: 2014 Kia Forte Turbo 1.6L TUNES NEEDED

Post by mikel »

we're looking at lots of Kia/Hyundai applications moving forward :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DaILLestWun

Post by DaILLestWun »

To the OP, they normally like using stock vehicles as test vehicles. Just an FYI.
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

As originally posted: I can remove all mods and be completely stock in 2 hrs
Last edited by itsjustme on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikel

Post by mikel »

anything we offer tunes for out of the box is designed around a stock or simple bolt on car, further mods are supported through custom tuning from our network of CMR tuning dealers who buy the software from us to allow them to tailor the tunes to your mods or needs.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

So you don't offer different stages. I would need to buy the reflash then go pay again to have all the mods tuned also? Doesn't sound like I would be interested in this after all. I like paying for something one time not 4-5. Stand alone it is then sorry for wasting space on the forum. Please delete this thread.
Last edited by itsjustme on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikel

Post by mikel »

itsjustme wrote:So you don't offer different stages. I would need to buy the reflash then go pay again to have all the mods tuned also? Doesn't sound like I would be interested in this after all. I like paying for something one time not 4-5. Stand alone it is then sorry for wasting space on the forum. Please delete this thread.
No need to delete it, there are 1000s of others looking for exactly what we offer here :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
TurboKoup

Post by TurboKoup »

@itsjustme, how hard would it be to do a stand alone or piggy back system on this car?

Is what was posted true? You would need to buy the equipment from you and then pay a shop each time we do a mod? Things haven't changed or is the retuning included in the price of first purchase now? I purchased a Trinity T-1000 for my Silverado only because it said it could hold up to 5 custom tunes only to find out it was $200 and up for a custom tune. For that money would I be better to go with a AEM stand alone and get my first custom tune done then do my own changes as I upgrade? Thee software it comes with says easy to use as it has a wizard that walks you through the steps.
Last edited by TurboKoup on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurboKoup

Post by TurboKoup »

@itsjustme,Just noticed you deleted all your posts. Why? I hope you come back and answer some questions for me.
@mikel, this car might not be what you are looking for since there were only 816 sold in the USA last year and what maybe 10% might ever see a mod past a CAI, and from talking to other companies that specialize in KDM products KIA coding and platform for this specific ECU is different than Hyundai used in the Volester Turbo. Only one company has done one trial tune on a Turbo Koup and they specialize in reflashing KDMs, not saying you can't but from what I understand the only way to retune the ECU is a hard burn directly to the ECU and the OBD2 port is read only with the ability to reset codes.
14KT

Post by 14KT »

I was looking to see if they were upgrading the way they offer the programmers yet and I take it they didnt. I really hope COBB does something for these cars but if the ECU is locked not allowing tuning from the OBD port then we will be limited to who can help us. If they can unlock it then the first to have a tuner available would win my vote but COBB does offer stages 1 2 3 for everything they do so ya might just have to wait.

@itsjustme, is the AEM stand alone possible? and will everything still work or communicate with the BCM? I also had your plug-n-play harness for the AEM ems4 in my civic worked perfect thanks.
Last edited by 14KT on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

Hey guys lol, I'm sure they don't want a discussion of other products besides their own on here.

See you on the other side
Last edited by itsjustme on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikel

Post by mikel »

TurboKoup wrote:@itsjustme,Just noticed you deleted all your posts. Why? I hope you come back and answer some questions for me.
@mikel, this car might not be what you are looking for since there were only 816 sold in the USA last year and what maybe 10% might ever see a mod past a CAI, and from talking to other companies that specialize in KDM products KIA coding and platform for this specific ECU is different than Hyundai used in the Volester Turbo. Only one company has done one trial tune on a Turbo Koup and they specialize in reflashing KDMs, not saying you can't but from what I understand the only way to retune the ECU is a hard burn directly to the ECU and the OBD2 port is read only with the ability to reset codes.
Read only through OBDII?
How does the dealer update the PCM/TCM/BCM, etc?

Sometimes, people come up with really silly theories out there on the web.
A huge point of an OBDII port is to apply updates to the various modules at the dealer level for service, and no dealers read PCMs, so I can't imagine why they would make it read only ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
DaILLestWun

Post by DaILLestWun »

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. LMAO

Noob's...
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

I don't know about being able to program thru the OBD2 port but if it was that easy why would all the top KDM programmers have to remap the ECU on the bench instead of just using the OBD connector? I will research some more but doesn't make sense.
@DalLLestWun, no need to troll
mikel

Post by mikel »

Flashing PCMs in person on the bench is the quick and dirty way, it keeps you from being able to offer it to the masses like we can with inTune/Trinity, which is why this is a slightly different approach, and quite a bit more difficult than BDM flashing on the bench. We also offer software that tuning shops can purchase to edit/create their own custom tunes to be loaded to our tools. These KDM guys you refer to, have no such options, you send them your PCM, you get what you get, and you better like it :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com