2014 Kia Forte Turbo 1.6L TUNES NEEDED

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

itsjustme

Re: 2014 Kia Forte Turbo 1.6L TUNES NEEDED

Post by itsjustme »

mikel wrote:Flashing PCMs in person on the bench is the quick and dirty way, it keeps you from being able to offer it to the masses like we can with inTune/Trinity, which is why this is a slightly different approach, and quite a bit more difficult than BDM flashing on the bench. We also offer software that tuning shops can purchase to edit/create their own custom tunes to be loaded to our tools. These KDM guys you refer to, have no such options, you send them your PCM, you get what you get, and you better like it :)
Thanks for the response, what are the qualifications for a shop to purchase your software? I won't ever do a canned tune I would rather wait for a local event or have access to custom tune at my pleasure. I have used DS products in the past but only on stock platforms and that was the whole reason I started this thread. A: to see if you needed a test vehicle and have the ability to see everything from a stock platform to a heavily modded platform. B:to see what was going to be offered as far as which of the tuners you would be using? (Trinity, intune, ect) What I didn't come here for was being put down for being modded or to be trolled by others. Sorry for jumping defensive on this thread I should have kept it to myself but being told that DS is only interested in American manufacturers and not KDM POSs got under my skin even though it was on another forum and not here. Once again sorry, and I will still keep a lookout for products from you for the KDMs. Still would like to know requirements for the software once the tuners are available for us
mikel

Post by mikel »

The requirements are simply that you have or work in a shop with a dyno generally, and have the money to fork over for the software. Its not cheap by any means, so that keeps it out of the hands of hobbyists and those who might do more harm than good.
You have to be able to see a return on the investment, and you need to be a good tuner to do so ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

Starting to get more and more interested here. Have they already started on the KDM line up? and what would the projected release date be? I hear it's really close. :) 5K for the software isn't that bad, I just paid 3.5K for Cad 2014 and it doesn't get used lol.
mikel

Post by mikel »

we have started work on lots of Hyundai PCMs, several of which (2.0T sedans) carry over to Kia directly.
The Optima 2.0T will likely be the first application we jump into, since it is basically the same PCM as all the 2.0T Hyundai Sedans (non gencoupe), in addition to the 2.0T and 3.8 Gencoupe PCMs that we have already sorted out :)

Veloster is on our radar as well, which puts the 1.6 Kia on the map as well....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

I do have another question, do you offer custom tune there in Delray? I looked for a local shop that does tuning and the closest one is 130 miles and would rather spend the same travel time or a little more going there.
mikel

Post by mikel »

No, we dont do tuning here, strictly in house R&D.
What vehicle are you looking to get tuned?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

This wouldn't be until after the release for KDM products but will be a 14 Kia Koup turbo
Last edited by itsjustme on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Gotchya, well, the locator has no idea who may have the Kia software once its available, so there will surely be many more local options once we release the software in the future. Currently is just shows who has our GM/Ford/DCX software.

We'll be pretty thorough in this stuff by the time that comes, and all of our in house calibrators offer tuning on the side through local dynos...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

Very nice
rick021808

Post by rick021808 »

Do you have a rough idea when it might be ready?. I am very interested. Would much rather a handheld then having to ship my pcm out to be tuned. If we can get enough interest, can we speed up the process? Have a 2014 forte koup sx 6MT as well. Looking forward to a Diablo sport handheld tuner.... not sure if the ds would work with the velosters too?
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 1.6T 6spd MT
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD
mikel

Post by mikel »

No, there is no ETA on this project currently.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
rick021808

Post by rick021808 »

What is needed to get things moving quicker if possible? For me personally, winter is around the corner so not too worried about it over next few months but would be nice to have something by next spring. I'd love a handheld but if nothing available. I may have to send pcm out for canned tune.
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

I would really hate wasting money to get something like an extra ecu and a canned tune only to buy a Trinity or Intune later and be stuck with something I have no use for other than a metal frisbee.
rick021808

Post by rick021808 »

Lots of people that invest in an extra ecu and canned tune probably won't buy a ds. Ds should get things rolling sooner as many people would be interested and interest is only going to get bigger as more cars sell so their is a big market for the Forte.
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

If it was possible to get the KDM product moving faster what would it take? A show of a lot of interest or a certain # of deposits on units? I see a lot of views on this thread and only 3-4 users posting. I can log on to any of the KDM forums and find a advertisement for DS products. If there is product they will come lol. But like most they can only sit on the wallet so long before going the other way. I want others to have more choices not just a ecu and canned tune for $900 (more for ecu and custom).