pontiac G8 Gt Speed

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

lightguypro

pontiac G8 Gt Speed

Post by lightguypro »

hello, new to forum and the Diablosport, picked up a used predator, U7194, I dont know much about tunes, but just figured plug and play, forgive my ignorance, but this seem so easy to do. put the diablo tune into the 2008 G8 gt, and woke it up, great stuff, . at this time its all stock other then gibson axle backs, mid muffler delete and have an xpipe in its place, had a generic cold air intake, but took it off, due to safemode when WOT, guess it dont like too much air.
I am in So-Cal, wondring if you have anything in the area, to get it tune right?
also, are you still supporting the Predator U7194, I still top out at 137mph, cant seem to take the speed limiter off, I noticed other topics where people posted the file, but seem so old, not sure if its being supported, is that something I can do?
mikel

Re: pontiac G8 Gt Speed

Post by mikel »

what is the version on the top line of the main menu of the tool?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lightguypro

Post by lightguypro »

it says
v.9r21
lightguypro

Post by lightguypro »

Guess I'm screwed
mikel

Post by mikel »

why do you guess that?

update the tool.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

I've already been replying back and forth with you via email all yesterday afternoon...

You can't get anything fixed/tuned at this point anyway, since you don't have a pc interface kit for it, so no way to do anything for it... you can't update the tool, can't get custom tuning done, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lightguypro

Post by lightguypro »

not at this point.

but can get the parts to update it via the cables im i not correct? from radio shack right?

monte, i plan to go with your tune, if that is still available?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes you can.. need a usb/serial cable.. and a 12v, 1amp power supply, with the center of the tip positive.. take the predator with you so you can make sure the tip fits it...

and yes I can do a custom tune for you no problem..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lightguypro

Post by lightguypro »

got everything i need today, updated it today, speed limiter is off now..great awesome !!!