NO CRANK NO START HELP

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Justinsane

NO CRANK NO START HELP

Post by Justinsane »

I just recently bought a GMC Sierra LB7 and I have been steady trying to figure out the problem. I have checked batteries cleaned and charged. I also have a Polar Auto Start and I have taken the thing apart thinking that is my problem and I have investigated the GM Vatts 10 and 30 min relearning process and that was not it. The Starter and Batteries are new (Tried the Hammer on starter soleinoid) I just use the Diablo now strictly for running DTC's. I registered on this forum this morning and now could I have done something well using my Predator? It has asked me if I wanted to tune it before and I agreed and it asked my if I were sure and I quickly backed out. I have never had or owned a tuner before. I was just getting used to the truck. The guy who I bought the truck from had it tuned for 40hp. Any suggestions please help!! :crashing: :crashing:
mikel

Re: NO CRANK NO START HELP

Post by mikel »

so, what happened to cause the no start?

sounds like the pcm is alive and kicking...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Justinsane

Post by Justinsane »

It was cranking and starting fine. I just drove over an hour got out of truck for 15 min and I tried to start it and nothing?? I have power everywhere lights and radio etc! I may have erased the problem on the tuner now its throwing a P1647 and I dont have the wait to start light either.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
mikel

Post by mikel »

so it was fine, you parked it now it wont start?

Not sure what that code indicates:

P1647 Driver 1 Line 7
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DarrylMan

Post by DarrylMan »

Justinsane wrote:I just recently bought a GMC Sierra LB7 and I have been steady trying to figure out the problem. I have checked batteries cleaned and charged. I also have a Polar Auto Start and I have taken the thing apart thinking that is my problem and I have investigated the GM Vatts 10 and 30 min relearning process and that was not it. The Starter and Batteries are new (Tried the Hammer on starter soleinoid) I just use the Diablo now strictly for running DTC's. I registered on this forum this morning and now could I have done something well using my Predator? It has asked me if I wanted to tune it before and I agreed and it asked my if I were sure and I quickly backed out. I have never had or owned a tuner before. I was just getting used to the truck. The guy who I bought the truck from had it tuned for 40hp. Any suggestions please help!! :crashing: :crashing:
If truck is not cranking, have starter relay checked, it is located in the fuse box under the hood. Also try starting in neutral, if it cranks in neutral then suspect the park safety/ lockout switch.
Justinsane

Post by Justinsane »

Hi

Sorry for the long delay. I have not been on this site for awhile. Just wanted to let you know it was the starter and it was a bitch to replace.

Thanks a tonne for your help

Cheers

Justin