2015 F150 EcoBoost tunes now available from Diablosport

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

juangorena

Re: 2015 F150 EcoBoost tunes now available from Diablosport

Post by juangorena »

MIKEL , ANY NEWS ?
sdphillip619

Post by sdphillip619 »

Hey Mike I have a 2015 3.5 ecoboost f150 any tune causes lost of throttle any new updates? I just updated the trinity today n calibration...pleaee help I hope there is a fix
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

i figured i would post this in here as well. that way i could give you guys an update so you don't assume we are ignoring you. we believe the root problem is with in ford itself. i'll take an moment to explain. as some of you may or may not be aware that in ford land there can be one specific vehicle, in this case a 2015 F150 eco boost, but yet there be 15+ pcm "strategies" whenever ford changes something in the code no matter how big or small, it shows up as a new strategy.

all of the deal peddle issues we are having (and there are only a handful) are with one specific cal ID. There is SOMETHING going on with within ford on that certain cal id as ford has released more that 20 updates to that specific strategy. They are obviously trying to "fix" something up there in good old Dearborn but we don't know what yet. we had one customer who got the newest update available and reported no dead peddle for over a week. but it did come back. so what ever ford is fixing seems to go hand in hand.

the reason that other tools are not running into this problem is the very reason why our tool is better. other brands do not take your specific cal ID, change it and put it back in. they take THEIR own cal ID (what ever they choose) and just blast it into the pcm. this alone is why our tool is the only one that cannot be detected on warranty stuff. we use your cal id and we put your cal id back. it is also why our tool makes WAY more power than any other tune and that is because we are not limited to a generic cal id limits.

we have a truck scheduled to come in tomorrow that is exhibiting this problem. once we have our hands on it and have the problem in front of us. things will progress faster.
kellyfj10

Post by kellyfj10 »

DiabloMatt wrote:i figured i would post this in here as well. that way i could give you guys an update so you don't assume we are ignoring you. we believe the root problem is with in ford itself. i'll take an moment to explain. as some of you may or may not be aware that in ford land there can be one specific vehicle, in this case a 2015 F150 eco boost, but yet there be 15+ pcm "strategies" whenever ford changes something in the code no matter how big or small, it shows up as a new strategy.

all of the deal peddle issues we are having (and there are only a handful) are with one specific cal ID. There is SOMETHING going on with within ford on that certain cal id as ford has released more that 20 updates to that specific strategy. They are obviously trying to "fix" something up there in good old Dearborn but we don't know what yet. we had one customer who got the newest update available and reported no dead peddle for over a week. but it did come back. so what ever ford is fixing seems to go hand in hand.

the reason that other tools are not running into this problem is the very reason why our tool is better. other brands do not take your specific cal ID, change it and put it back in. they take THEIR own cal ID (what ever they choose) and just blast it into the pcm. this alone is why our tool is the only one that cannot be detected on warranty stuff. we use your cal id and we put your cal id back. it is also why our tool makes WAY more power than any other tune and that is because we are not limited to a generic cal id limits.

we have a truck scheduled to come in tomorrow that is exhibiting this problem. once we have our hands on it and have the problem in front of us. things will progress faster.

Thank you for the update. I think I speak for everyone in saying that. All we were looking for was some type of explanation on what was going on. I am sure you can understand our frustration as consumers spending $500+ dollars on a tuner and not be able to use it. Now, we as consumers can understand what you guys are going through as developers. Thanks again for the update.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

we understand completely. we have also got flack about "why would we sell the tune knowing there is problems" the truth to that is again this is only one cal id that is effected. so its a small group of people. and we don't have any way of knowing if you have that specific cal id until you actually have the tool in your hand and try to tune it. the irony of that is annoying for sure.

we are working on it though. there is no doubt about that. :mrgreen:
juangorena

Post by juangorena »

kellyfj10 wrote:
DiabloMatt wrote:i figured i would post this in here as well. that way i could give you guys an update so you don't assume we are ignoring you. we believe the root problem is with in ford itself. i'll take an moment to explain. as some of you may or may not be aware that in ford land there can be one specific vehicle, in this case a 2015 F150 eco boost, but yet there be 15+ pcm "strategies" whenever ford changes something in the code no matter how big or small, it shows up as a new strategy.

Thank you for the update. I think I speak for everyone in saying that. All we were looking for was some type of explanation on what was going on. I am sure you can understand our frustration as consumers spending $500+ dollars on a tuner and not be able to use it. Now, we as consumers can understand what you guys are going through as developers. Thanks again for the update.

i agree , we are kinda frustrated, however we thaNkful that you are working on this issue , PLS LET US KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT WE MIGHT TRY, REGARDS
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

PLEASE go to this thread and post everything there from now on so we can solve this.

https://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewt ... 16&t=51870
mikel

Post by mikel »

sdphillip619 wrote:Hey Mike I have a 2015 3.5 ecoboost f150 any tune causes lost of throttle any new updates? I just updated the trinity today n calibration...pleaee help I hope there is a fix
Have you loaded the tune with the Trinity?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
juangorena

Post by juangorena »

I feel very diassapointed , having a 600+ tuner that does not work with our trucks , 3 months ago when i lost throttle i was in the middle of the traffic, i could have an accident, also i had a customer walking home issue since i left the tuner at home , i have had Superchips, Sct , and diablo before and never ever i had to carry the tuner with me " just in case i had to return to stock" some times i feel disappointed , sometimes i feel really pissed off , at this time i could not believe that Diablo still have on it website the advertising that states "2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost Supported" i dont see it fair that Diablo still wants that people keep buying this @ this time useless bricks and besides that having a chance of get sued if someone hurts in the middle of the traficc :punisher: :normal: :crashing: :drivingbad: :drivingbad: :drivingbad:
Attachments
bullshit 1.jpg
bullshit 1.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 28376 times
rcoles871

Post by rcoles871 »

I just joined the "no throttle" club. Just installed the 87 octane tune on a 2015 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat 4x4 and had no throttle. I read every previous post and following instructions (latest tune downloaded) and it did not work. Waiting for instructions to be posted on this thread.

Thanks in advance
Robert
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

rcoles871 wrote:I just joined the "no throttle" club. Just installed the 87 octane tune on a 2015 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat 4x4 and had no throttle. I read every previous post and following instructions (latest tune downloaded) and it did not work. Waiting for instructions to be posted on this thread.

Thanks in advance
Robert
sorry robert :(

robert.... here is the thread we are using for info and updates. can you post what tool you are using in the thread listed below

https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic ... 0&start=30