Backup file not present???

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

JoeFed

Backup file not present???

Post by JoeFed »

I'm trying the Trinity for the first time on my 2013 SHO. I did the update on my PC through your website. I then plugged the unit in the car and proceeded to do the performance tune sequence. I recieved the message "Backup file for "KHDK2KA" is not present. Reading the PCM will take about 60 minutes, or can be downloaded from Diablosport using a PC and DSDL." I then took the unit off and went to my PC to try the download method, but could not find the area on the site for this download. I put the unit back in the car and tried the READ method. It got to 3% and gave me the message "Original backup not saved. I tried again and it said "Trinity was unable to save your original tune after 2 attempts. This can happen if the vehicle already has a performance tune."

Am I doing something wrong? Where on the website can I get the download?
DiabloMatt

Re: Backup file not present???

Post by DiabloMatt »

JoeFed wrote:I'm trying the Trinity for the first time on my 2013 SHO. I did the update on my PC through your website. I then plugged the unit in the car and proceeded to do the performance tune sequence. I recieved the message "Backup file for "KHDK2KA" is not present. Reading the PCM will take about 60 minutes, or can be downloaded from Diablosport using a PC and DSDL." I then took the unit off and went to my PC to try the download method, but could not find the area on the site for this download. I put the unit back in the car and tried the READ method. It got to 3% and gave me the message "Original backup not saved. I tried again and it said "Trinity was unable to save your original tune after 2 attempts. This can happen if the vehicle already has a performance tune."

Am I doing something wrong? Where on the website can I get the download?

there is no where on the website to download the original backup. you have to plug the tool in and open the diablo sports downloader software (you need to download off the site if you havent already) and when you open the software if will allow you to down load the original backup there.
JoeFed

Post by JoeFed »

I already downloaded everything when I updated the software, I think.....
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

JoeFed wrote:I already downloaded everything when I updated the software, I think.....

yes if you updated the tool you have the software already. so plug tool into truck. once it says do you want to download the origianl backup from pc. you tell it yes. then plug into pc and open the software. when it connects you will see a button on the bottom that say download origianal backup. :mrgreen:
JoeFed

Post by JoeFed »

So I will have the tool plugged into the car and the PC at the same time?
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

JoeFed wrote:So I will have the tool plugged into the car and the PC at the same time?

no once the vehicle prompts you to download the original backup. you can unplug from vehicle. then plug into computer and run the dsdownloader software. :)
JoeFed

Post by JoeFed »

I did that yesterday. As soon as I unplug the tool from the car it shuts off. Then when I plug it into the PC it has no idea where to pick up where it left off.
mikel

Post by mikel »

plug it into the pc, open dsdl, let it connect and dsdl will see the request from the tool to download the file it needs for your truck.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

JoeFed wrote:I did that yesterday. As soon as I unplug the tool from the car it shuts off. Then when I plug it into the PC it has no idea where to pick up where it left off.

that's fine that the tool shuts off. once the tool while plugged into the truck tells you to connect it to dsdownloader, it will remember that it has to down load an ori.

so you can unplug it. carry it in. plug into a pc that is connected to the internet. and open the dsdownloader software. once the tool boots up and the software connects, the program window will change and there will be a button that says "download original backup" or something along those lines. the software will download your file (it knows which one) and install it on the tool. then you can plug back into the vehilce and try to tune it again. it will download the original from the truck but it will be MUCH faster. this is just the tool saveing the vehicle info. then you can tune from there :mrgreen:
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

beat me again mike...lol
JoeFed

Post by JoeFed »

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try tonight....

But, since I do have you on the line. Before I do the tune, is it possible to run the 0-60 program to get a base line on my car? I tried it and it doesn't do anything.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, you can do that anytime.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JoeFed

Post by JoeFed »

So I wonder what's wrong. Because I come to a complete stop and set it in racing mode, 0-60 and start moving and nothing happens.
mikel

Post by mikel »

thats a bug with the SHO, we're looking into it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JoeFed

Post by JoeFed »

I tried everything you guys said and I still cannot get the original backup. The "download original backup" type message never came up on the PC.
I tried the "Calibration Updater" and that gave me a Server Response message saying "ford_can_gas at 1r13j is not supported by calibration update server."
Not sure what else to do?