Truck backfiring!

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

DiabloMatt

Re: Truck backfiring!

Post by DiabloMatt »

zombieking wrote:Yes I have updated everytime I change the tunes! Most recent was yesterday that I have checked to see if there was one. Couple things to add..... Even If I drive 100% normal my gas mileage has gone down too over stock by 2 MPG. Also at WOT my shift from 3-4 is mega rough and slams into gear very hard! Names Adam!

ok one sec
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

Thanks for being no help at all! This tread was started almost three weeks ago and nothing has been resolved! It takes days and days for you guys to get back to me about anything! Tunes still suck, mileage is terrible, shifting is alright but in some gears slams hard! I spent a lot of money on this tuner and so far your support and product have failed! Just gonna cut my losses and get rid of this tuner and buy SCT with custom tunes!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

zombieking wrote:Thanks for being no help at all! This tread was started almost three weeks ago and nothing has been resolved! It takes days and days for you guys to get back to me about anything! Tunes still suck, mileage is terrible, shifting is alright but in some gears slams hard! I spent a lot of money on this tuner and so far your support and product have failed! Just gonna cut my losses and get rid of this tuner and buy SCT with custom tunes!

sorry Brian has been tied up. i know he looked at your log but not sure where he is on your tune. you know there ARE diablo custom tuners out there if you really want a custom tune. why sell the tool just to get a custom tune? doesn't make sense really.

also just throwing this out there. there is thousands of people that run this tune with on there trucks including myself. i picked up a legit 90 hp and 3ish mpg. as did my friends truck. as did just about every person that has one. you ever consider that there might be something else going on? have you looked it over? just to make sure nothing is amiss? i see in the data logs that there is a number of things not right that we normally don't see. in the mean time i'll ask Brian what he things
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:
zombieking wrote:Thanks for being no help at all! This tread was started almost three weeks ago and nothing has been resolved! It takes days and days for you guys to get back to me about anything! Tunes still suck, mileage is terrible, shifting is alright but in some gears slams hard! I spent a lot of money on this tuner and so far your support and product have failed! Just gonna cut my losses and get rid of this tuner and buy SCT with custom tunes!

sorry Brian has been tied up. i know he looked at your log but not sure where he is on your tune. you know there ARE diablo custom tuners out there if you really want a custom tune. why sell the tool just to get a custom tune? doesn't make sense really.

also just throwing this out there. there is thousands of people that run this tune with on there trucks including myself. i picked up a legit 90 hp and 3ish mpg. as did my friends truck. as did just about every person that has one. you ever consider that there might be something else going on? have you looked it over? just to make sure nothing is amiss? i see in the data logs that there is a number of things not right that we normally don't see. in the mean time i'll ask Brian what he things

I know there are diablo tuners out there and Ill most likely just get custom tunes done for the intune. I like the intune it self and and cant wait for the wifi. Im a busy guy and I don't have time to be dealing with all these issues for a tuner. I just know something is wrong with the tune or tuner and its not my truck in any way. Believe me!! The truck stock runs like a top. Never an issue except for the spark plug issue that you guys helped me out with earlier. That has been resolved. I understand that 90 hp in a truck and 90 hp in a mustang feels much different because of power/weight and so on but I know what 90 hp did in my big heavy 7.3L ford diesel and I felt a difference. 90hp and 90 ft/lbs is a lot over stock and is very noticeable.

My truck is abit faster and has more torque I admit that but not to the tune of 90 hp on the 93 octane tune! The truck feels sluggish in between shifts and pulls a little better up top but I can sqeek my tires in first and maybe a bit in seconds but not usually and after that its sluggish for some time! The thing that scares me it the horrible clunk shift at WOT from 3-4 its not a good shift at all and feels like my transmission is gonna spit out a gear! pretty much all the other shifst are good and precise solid shifts. Only thing I did in the tune is change the WOT shift points abit, I lowered them a touch from 3-4 and 4-5 because the shift was taking forever to come and the truck would start shaking really bad and it seemed to be struggling. It was just a little scary and I didn't wanna wreck anything and lowered them accordingly till I found a shift point that helped take the engine shaking away. Im not making this stuff up and I frankly don't have the time to "TROLL" forums. I know and understand more than enough about tuners and performance to know this is not the power advertised. I guess I need to get a dyno run to prove it. Hope too here from Brian soon! Thanx
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

question for you. you said you lowered 3-4 shift. did you mean you wanted it to shift earlier in the rpm range? becuase i did not see that in the tune you posted. in the tune you posted you lowered the wot shift pressure. but its LOWER than factory settings.
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:question for you. you said you lowered 3-4 shift. did you mean you wanted it to shift earlier in the rpm range? becuase i did not see that in the tune you posted. in the tune you posted you lowered the wot shift pressure. but its LOWER than factory settings.
Yes, I lowered the WOT RPM shift points to shift a couple RPMs earlier. I never touched the pressure settings! Just checked my Intune and the shift pressures are the default settings!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

WEIRD.... ok do me a favor... put the wot shift setting back. load in truck and attach the last tune written again so i can compare please
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:WEIRD.... ok do me a favor... put the wot shift setting back. load in truck and attach the last tune written again so i can compare please
Ok will do!
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:WEIRD.... ok do me a favor... put the wot shift setting back. load in truck and attach the last tune written again so i can compare please
Heres the last tune written after the default settings were put back in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

zombieking wrote:
Heres the last tune written after the default settings were put back in!

ok let me look
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

now im even more confused.

so the tune on the first page. the one that you said was shifting weird and had no power. what EXACTLY did you change? JUST the 3-4 shift point? anything else at all? fuel, cooling fan, speed limiter?

then the tune you just posted you just restored defults.?
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:now im even more confused.

so the tune on the first page. the one that you said was shifting weird and had no power. what EXACTLY did you change? JUST the 3-4 shift point? anything else at all? fuel, cooling fan, speed limiter?

then the tune you just posted you just restored defults.?
The first tune I lowered the WOT shift points about 200-250 rpms from 3-4 and 4-5 to help remove the shaking the engine was experiencing. Never touched a thing in the fuel tables, lowered the cooling fan to 170 degrees and removed speed limiter. That's it, pretty basic stuff. Second tune is all put back to default except I raise the neutral idle up 55 rpms cause its getting colder here where I live and a stronger idle helps the truck alil. I drove the truck this morning and did a quick wot run and the shifting seemed better today than yesterday forsure. Power still seems to be lacking. A guy in a dodge nitro I think it was, passed by me on the road and I gunned it to see if I could keep up and I was in 5 and pinned it and I couldn't keep up. After a bit I was able to catch him but I think he just slowed down. I know this doesn't mean much but it just shows me with out a dyno that the truck is lacking. This was yesterday and on the first tune, the down shift was really hard and scared me. Just what Im experiencing!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

something weird is going on here...

and both of these were the same base tune? (93?)
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:something weird is going on here...

and both of these were the same base tune? (93?)
yes these are both the 93 octane tune! Another weird thing I noticed is when I tried the 87octane quick tune once it started loading the 93 octane tune ? or at least it said it was and I finished the install and I only had 87 in the tank so I had to choose the advanced tuning where you can change the parameters and then I choose 87 octane tune and it loaded the 87 octane tune then. That was weeks back and ive only had the 93 tune in since! Also everytime I change or alter any tune I update the I2 on my laptop.
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

When I get home Ill return the truck back to stock and drive it abit, disconnect the battery and reset. Then Ill re-install the 93 tune again and not touch a thing. 100% default settings again. I wont even touch the neutral idle like I did in the 2 tune I posted. then ill post it for a third tune for you to look at.