Need help with calibration update issue

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
trax95008

Need help with calibration update issue

Post by trax95008 »

Last weekend i took my vehicle to the dealership for service. i had a few issues they were going to be addressing. i knew ahead of time they would be doing some software flashing, so i returned the stock tune. After getting my vehicle back, i went to tune it again the next day and it prompted for a calibration update. so i did the update. afterward i was looking in the vehicle information section and discovered that the "update" had actually downgraded my PCM software from ver AJ to AI. why did the tuner do that? i just payed my dealership for that update to fix some issues im having. how can we go about resolving this??
mikel

Re: Need help with calibration update issue

Post by mikel »

No issue, had to get it to a supported calibration, nothing to worry about.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
trax95008

Post by trax95008 »

can you elaborate a little more please? i dont understand why i shouldnt worry. the tuner backdated my PCM, did it not?? Chrysler put out an update for a reason. to fix issues.
mikel

Post by mikel »

well, lets think about this for a minute....we've been doing this for, about 8-9 years now on Chrysler.
You are far from the first one to have their PCM backdated. It has been normal procedure since we started doing these years ago.
If it were an issue, we wouldn't have kept doing it, and you'd see thousands (literally) of people here complaining about their issues.

Whatever they fixed is still fixed, the car runs better than it did before now that its tuned, and as mentioned, there is nothing to worry about ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
trax95008

Post by trax95008 »

I guess the part I'm having trouble understanding is how it is still "fixed" if the newer software isn't there anymore...
mikel

Post by mikel »

because generally the fix is not part of the pcm calibration, or the parts we are changing.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
trax95008

Post by trax95008 »

in my case, the software flash they did to the PCM was the only thing they did. there was no hardware involved. the software fixed things like a bump felt when shifting from reverse to drive, a driveline bump felt when accelerating from a stop, throttle surges under slight pedal pressure, things like that. they are all known issues, that other people have experienced as well. and that's probably why chrysler created the updated software. to fix something!! they didn't do it for no reason. and for the record, some of those issues are back now that my software was backdated. so, why doesn't diablosport just do what it needs to do to support the newer version so that i can get it back! and others will benefit from the update as well. it is frustrating to have your tuner undo something that i payed for. had i understood what it was about to do, i probably wouldn't have gone through with it