2015 F150 w/ 3.5 -- datalogger questions

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

therapist

2015 F150 w/ 3.5 -- datalogger questions

Post by therapist »

New to tuning w/ my I2 & have the 87 perf. tune installed w/ no issues thus far. I have been playing around with the data logging functions & have a few questions:

1 - can the data be logged & viewed "live" if I have PC hooked up in the truck?

2 - can the measurement units be converted in the software to something more palatable (i.e. mph instead of default kph, psi instead of kpa)

3 - what is the proper PID to measure boost? the options I have selected thus far are all measured in kpa & when I convert to psi I get either 671psi (4629.6 Kpa boost absolute pressure), 4.6psi (31.76 KPA intake manifold ABS. pressure) or .572psi (3.948 Kpa Turbo/Supercharger boost pressure desired). I was under the impression stock boost was between 12-16psi and none of these measurements are even close.
sohfast94

Re: 2015 F150 w/ 3.5 -- datalogger questions

Post by sohfast94 »

therapist wrote:New to tuning w/ my I2 & have the 87 perf. tune installed w/ no issues thus far. I have been playing around with the data logging functions & have a few questions:

1 - can the data be logged & viewed "live" if I have PC hooked up in the truck?

2 - can the measurement units be converted in the software to something more palatable (i.e. mph instead of default kph, psi instead of kpa)

3 - what is the proper PID to measure boost? the options I have selected thus far are all measured in kpa & when I convert to psi I get either 671psi (4629.6 Kpa boost absolute pressure), 4.6psi (31.76 KPA intake manifold ABS. pressure) or .572psi (3.948 Kpa Turbo/Supercharger boost pressure desired). I was under the impression stock boost was between 12-16psi and none of these measurements are even close.
1. Yes it works very well with dataviewer in fact. You can change the units on the pids in the dataviewer software. Also after logging when viewing you can also change them then. Changing them on the tool is not always easy.
2. Answered in #1
3.Please post a log.
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
therapist

Post by therapist »

see attached data log for a quick drive/pull

any hints on how to change the units in DataViewer? In the View/Display Units drop down, I change the options but "Units" remains the same. For instance my Vehicle Speed LoRes measurement remains at a peak 134 KMH no matter what.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

Which version of dataviewer are you using? Should be 3317. If not use this page to download it.

https://www.diablosport.com/downloads.html

therapist

Post by therapist »

sohfast94 wrote:Which version of dataviewer are you using? Should be 3317. If not use this page to download it.

https://www.diablosport.com/downloads.html
correct, using 3.3.0.17 on windows 10

see screen shots:

certain PIDs do not change units
and what is the proper reading to calculate psig?
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

psig? Intake manifold absolute pressure kpa

Remember it's absolute so you have to subtract 100KPA (sea level) from it to get your boost. If you're at elevation you have to subtract whatever that pressure relative pressure is for your area instead. So 219-100=~17psi

therapist

Post by therapist »

sohfast94 wrote:psig? Intake manifold absolute pressure kpa

Remember it's absolute so you have to subtract 100KPA (sea level) from it to get your boost. If you're at elevation you have to subtract whatever that pressure relative pressure is for your area instead. So 219-100=~17psi
Thank you!
Exactly what I needed to know