tunes.

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

chenko24

tunes.

Post by chenko24 »

Does anyone have this problem.... I load up a can tune or the custom tune....and within the same day or the next day .....it's like the truck has forgotten it's tune. Power doesn't seem to be the same. If I reload the tune and go for a drive it seems to have good power. Bloody driving me nuts the last couple days.
mikel

Re: tunes.

Post by mikel »

adaptives...?

what vehicle?
what tune?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

2012 F150 Ecoboost... 91 performance can tune and 91 custom from TSS. doesn't seem to matter what one I'm running. Tool is updated and everything.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

chenko24 wrote:2012 F150 Ecoboost... 91 performance can tune and 91 custom from TSS. doesn't seem to matter what one I'm running. Tool is updated and everything.

post up the tss tune... let me take a look
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Post on here the file he sent me? Is that file locked to my truck only?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

This is the last tune I got. The first two versions made my turbos chirp. This one doesnt seem to...

I have noticed the last day or two that if I put it in manual shift mod and I'm in 2nd when I get on it at about 3500rpm it seems to chug a bit and studder.... once I shift to 3rd its better.....my truck is very inconsistant right now.

Example : reloaded the tune and went out for a drive. Pulled up on a new mustang and a caddi. the caddi was infront of me and the mustang on my right.. the truck was feeling very good for power and response. on a light the caddi took off and I punched it... my tires screeeeeched and I took off getting on his bumper very fast. left the mustang very quickly and I had a confident feeling that my truck would hang with these two. The next day I got in to go out and it really didnt seem to have the same feel to it. felt sluggish and not as powerful. very frustrating to have this all the time. I have days where I love my truck and its feels great and other days it's the same feeling as my old 5.4L almost gutless compared to how it should feel. I've gone back to the canned tune as well and I get the same thing lots of power and feels great and then in the coming days not as great feeling.. But it can all off a sudden feel good again. Could it be poor gas? I've added octane booster on most tanks to ensure my octane is over 91. I've heard you sometimes don't get a true 91 at a number of gas stations.. so I figure it's safer to have the booster in the tank. Gapped at 28 and have a Bullydog CAI and 4" MBRP cat back on the truck.
Attachments
PCM_KGCP7C8_TSS Custom 91_V3.frg
(126.04 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Matt have you had a chance to look at the tune?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Bump anyone? DiabloMatt ?
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

Give that a try.
Attachments
PCM_KGCP7C8_TSS Custom 91bpm.frg
(126.03 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Loaded and only drove back to work... I'll run it a few days and see how it goes. What did you change or modify? What sort of power should it be gaining compared to the canned 91 tune?