A couple issues

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

little_buck

A couple issues

Post by little_buck »

I just picked up the trinity for my 2011 F150 ecoboost yesterday as I am finally off warranty. Not quite sure what is wrong but i would not let me do the calibration update, i instead read the file from my truck and sent it to my PC as a backup (the DSDL kept saying that KGCH9AA was not supported by 1r13j). The other issue is that when i modified the tune for axle and tires, only the axle stayed in the tune. I changed it from 3.55 to the 3.73's my truck actually has (i thought the trucks PCM would have already known that as it came stock with them but no big deal), but the tire size does not stay locked in. I can change tire size and my speedo stays off, im running 275/65R20's and would like to correct for that, not a huge issue but im sure there is a way to do it. My last question is regarding engine load, is this load factor based off barometric pressure being "100% loaded" and everything above that (boost) is above 100%, you would think it would be based off max boost pressure and setup to read that way? I'm hoping for a little clarifaction on this or if i need to modify something in the programmer to get these fixed. Thanks for any help you can provide
little_buck

Re: A couple issues

Post by little_buck »

no one has any info that can help with this?
mikel

Post by mikel »

please load the tune to the truck then export the files and post copies of them here so we can check the tire size out.
You dont need to tell it what gears, it knows what you have stock despite what the default selection in the tool may be.
Load is calculated by the PCM.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
little_buck

Post by little_buck »

Ok thanks, i just did the latest updates again. I am having to load the file from my truck again as when i tried to send the stock tune file to the trinity it put it under custom tunes instead of stock file (the cal updater still wont work). The mpg booster tune is working awesome, just running into issues with the head unit, trying to create a custom screen and i was getting weird data (13000+ kpa boost, 3300+ degrees engine temp). Also my truck alarm keeps going off if the head unit is plugged in and i lock the truck. If i leave it plugged in and not armed the battery will go dead by the morning. Once i get the tune back in i will send you a copy of it, but i think something else is going on considering all the other issues im having. Just to be clear though the tune is working, truck runs great, and my mileage went from 16-17l/100 km on the highway down to around 11-12l/100 km, so im extremely happy with that part of it.
little_buck

Post by little_buck »

This is the tune installed
Attachments
PCM_KGCH9AA_MPG_Booster_Tune_modified.frg
(10.25 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

i think what is going on is the FACTORY file in the truck thinks it is a 3.55. when you put it to 3.73 and the larger tire in the tune, the two are canceling each other out. is the speedo reading SLOWER than you are actually going?

try putting the rear gear back to 3.55 and just set the tire size and see what happens. i bet that fixes it.
little_buck

Post by little_buck »

The speedo was reading 100 km/hr and the gps was reading 96. Befor i changed the gears to 3.73, the speedo was showing 100km/hr and gps was 91. I did try another gps and it seems closer, i dont think the gears were the problem (weird though that ford had my gears programmed wrong from factory). I was just on the phone with mike and he helped me with a few of the issues and said an update will be coming later to fix the rest.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

little_buck wrote:The speedo was reading 100 km/hr and the gps was reading 96. Befor i changed the gears to 3.73, the speedo was showing 100km/hr and gps was 91. I did try another gps and it seems closer, i dont think the gears were the problem (weird though that ford had my gears programmed wrong from factory). I was just on the phone with mike and he helped me with a few of the issues and said an update will be coming later to fix the rest.

good to hear...you can play with the tire size to fine tune it from there if need be
little_buck

Post by little_buck »

just updated my tool again, still cant get the calibration to work. KGCH9AA.