Chevy 8.1 Whipple

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Shovelhead76

Chevy 8.1 Whipple

Post by Shovelhead76 »

I bought a Silverado with the 8.1 and a Whipple supercharger on it. The Whipple electronics were ditched and the ecm is now controlling it all. It has marine 40lb/hr injectors in it as well as a higher volume fuel pump. Thengine was dyno tuned in Denver and I have brought the pickup down to Nebraska, lower elevation. It has started a slight misfire under load in overdrive. We hooked a snap-on scanner to it and were looking at the long term fuel trims coming in at a -9. I'm on the edge of buying a predator or something like it from diablosport since that's all I run in my diesel. Is it possible to build a tune I can work off of with a predator or intune? That -9 tells me if I'm not mistaken that its on the rich side and I'd like to do some work to it. Any help appreciated
06MonteSS

Re: Chevy 8.1 Whipple

Post by 06MonteSS »

misfire is a physical/mechanical issue, tune won't fix a misfire.. check the plugs, make sure no cracked ceramics.. check plug wires, make sure all are completely snapped on the plugs and coils.. check the coils make sure they're all good.. clean the MAF sensor...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
timwray

Post by timwray »

I also have a 8.1 l with a whipple supercharger it has all whipple electronics still hooked up I'm getting a p0103 at times can my trinity tune for this condition
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

that's a MAF sensor trouble code.. bad maf sensor, or some airflow is really off somewhere.. no can't adjust anything for that with the trinity.. you need to take it to a shop and get a custom tune done..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net