Inspection

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Rajunz

Inspection

Post by Rajunz »

I have a '13 Challenger R/T, 5.7L. I normally run the canned 93 tune, set it back to stock when it's time for inspection and drive it for a couple of hundred miles until the drive cycle resets. This year I did the same, and 1,000 miles later I still cannot get the 02 and CATALYST cycles to reset. Everything else reset after a few hundred miles. Should I reset the ECU and start over? Any ideas why those two won't reset?

Thanks, any help is appreciated as I am now a few months out of inspection.
mikel

Re: Inspection

Post by mikel »

any mods on the car?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Rajunz

Post by Rajunz »

Not really, just a CA Intake, Blasting Bob Resonator Deletes & a Catch Can....
mikel

Post by mikel »

I cant see any reason for them to not set.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Rajunz

Post by Rajunz »

I just loaded the 93 tune again, then loaded the stock tune back on so that it's starting over. I'll let you know.
Rajunz

Post by Rajunz »

This is still an issue, Drive Cycle will not reset. I went to the local Dodge dealer and spoke with the technician that performs all of their inspections. His final thought is that the Diablo did not fully write the ECU back to stock parameters. What are your thoughts on this? When I wrote it back, I got a mile down the road and the CEL came on with a message about BUS. That went away the first time I restarted the car. That was probably 500 miles ago and I still have the 02 and CATALYST cycles to reset, plus the EVAP now.
mikel

Post by mikel »

not an option.
The pcm is erased then flashed, if you erase it and dont write some of it back, it wont run ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Rajunz

Post by Rajunz »

Okay then, here's another question. Why won't the drive cycle complete when the tune is installed? Every year, I have to return it back to stock to get it inspected.
mikel

Post by mikel »

just loading the canned tune, not custom?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Rajunz

Post by Rajunz »

Yes, I just run the 93 tune. When it comes time to inspect I've always had to go back to stock because with the 93 tune the drive cycle was not complete.

After going back to stock, it would take about 100 miles and then it would complete. For some reason, it will not complete this year. The tuner says that it is unmarried.
Superdude018

Post by Superdude018 »

When you load the 93 tune do you adjust any parameters? I was having trouble resoring original backup because i didn't reset the parameters for the tune and the tcm quick adjusts. Try loading 93 tune with no adjustsmets to the tune or the tcm and then restore original. Or have you already done so?
Superdude018

Post by Superdude018 »

I think when you make adjustments to the tune that is considered a "custom tune" because you are making a canned tune adjust to your specific car. When people get a custom tune all they are doing is sending in a tune with logs for an experienced tuner to adjust the tune to their car for them making it a "custom tune". So if you have any parameters of the tune that are adjusted by yourself there will be a little asterisk next to the parameter and one adjustment means its a custom tune. My theory is that that one little adjustment could be throwing off your pcm and its reading code that is left behind after the stock thne is loaded so it freaks out and doesnt act normal. The same happens when wroting comouter programs, if you are missing one little 'end' statement in visual basic for example the entire program will fail to execute properly. Same concept.
Rajunz

Post by Rajunz »

Superdude, thanks for figuring this out. When it's time for inspection, the ECU has to go back 100% stock or it WILL NOT reset the drive cycle. I had only adjusted for my tire sizes, and that one little adjustment kept it from resetting the drive cycle. I loaded the 93 tune, drove it around the block, then loaded the stock tune back on, and within 100 miles it reset the drive cycle. Thanks again, Rajunz
Superdude018

Post by Superdude018 »

Hey man you are welcome im just trying to help i know it can be frustrating not being able to tune your car or to untune it for taking it in lol. i have been there myself and now that its documented i hope itll make somekne elses experience a little better when using this awesome product.