Can't save original tune

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

bucky440

Re: Can't save original tune

Post by bucky440 »

So this tells you what????? :?:
mikel

Post by mikel »

Our engineering staff is looking into this.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

Thanks for update :)
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

Well, 4 days have past since I was told "Our engineering staff is looking into this". I even tried using a different pc to update the trinity, and got the same failure to save original tune. I think the release for the 2016 Grand Cherokee was premature. I'm wondering if anyone else bought one for a 2016??? :(
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

mikel wrote:Our engineering staff is looking into this.
That was October 11.
Now one week later and still I have $1000 worth of hardware that doesn't work.
I guess that "engineering staff" must be really busy. :blowup:
Stoopalini

Post by Stoopalini »

I just went through this same thing, after resetting the Trinity and doing a Calibration Update on the PCM. It failed to save the original backup.

So I tried loading in my Hemifever tune. I used DS Downloader to push the tune to the Trinity, and just selected my old, original, bkackup file when prompted. Then when I went to try loading the Hemifever tune into the vehcile, I noticed I still had my SD Card in the Trinity. So I removed it, just because .... and this time, the backup process completed successfully.

So, do you happen to have an SD Card in your Trinity? If so, remove it, and try loading a tune again.
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
Diablo PCM | Trinity Tuner | AFE CAI | Catch Can
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

Just trying to load the canned 93 octane tune. No I didn't add anything to the Trinity, just updated using 2 different computers (thought windows 10 might be a problem so tried my old field laptop windows 7...no difference). No SD Card in my Trinity. Just as it came out of the package plus my updating. The lack of response from DS is really disappointing. I wonder if anyone else has bought the system for a 2016 Grand Cherokee. There are some differences between it and the Durango, I think that might be the problem because I saw on the forum last month that a Durango was used for testing before release. :crashing:
Stoopalini

Post by Stoopalini »

I'm sure there are some differences between the two, although I do know Diablo tested on both a 2016 Grand Cherokee and a 2016 Durango.

One way you could verify if it's an issue with your Trinity, or an issue with trying to tune a 2016 Grand Cherokee, would be to try and load a tune on another vehicle. Do you by chance have another vehicle you could try tuning with the Trinity?
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
Diablo PCM | Trinity Tuner | AFE CAI | Catch Can
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

Interesting idea, but the family's other two vehicles are not on the tunable list (2016 Cherokee & 2016 Renegade) and I wouldn't want to risk shutting anyone else's vehicle down.
And the response from DS is ...(cue sound of crickets chirping). :x
mikel

Post by mikel »

bucky440 wrote:Interesting idea, but the family's other two vehicles are not on the tunable list (2016 Cherokee & 2016 Renegade) and I wouldn't want to risk shutting anyone else's vehicle down.
And the response from DS is ...(cue sound of crickets chirping). :x
Can you give us a call so we can try resetting it then forcing a calibration update to the pcm?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

To try that for the third time, I will be happy to call you guys again...has anything changed???
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

Soooooo..last Friday I called in again, got great help, he sent me the latest CROM - dcx gas 1t13eb.
I loaded it, went to the Jeep and got the same failed result.
Was told they will work on it, but still nothing works and I am in a holding pattern again. :normal:
mikel

Post by mikel »

we are sorting this out.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

So, yet another week of nothing new to try. I have been at this since late September....maybe it will work before Thanksgiving. :blowup:
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

FINALLY-
I had to ship my Trinity back. 2 days later they called and asked for the PCM back. After about a week, I received them back on black Friday...almost made thanksgiving.
Of course no information was sent but I powered up the Trinity from my pc and found it had the latest 1r13e crom, had been married to my VIN and had my correct pcm part number. So I plugged it into the Jeep after changing the pcm and in about 5 minutes loaded the 93 octane tune first try no request to back up stock. Works great, but I have no idea what was the problem that took 2 months to correct. :D