Restore Original Backup getting stuck on turn key off

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Superdude018

Restore Original Backup getting stuck on turn key off

Post by Superdude018 »

Alright here goes, I am trying to restore Original Backup "stock tune" to my car Challenger 2013 RT to take it to the dealer for some maintenance and I plug Trinity in, it tells me to turn key on so I turn it on with the key fob and click performance. I then cone to 4 options, perf 93 tune, perf 91 tune, modify stock tune, and Original backup. I click Original backup and it asks me if i would like to restore Original Backup now and I click yes. It starts immediately writing tune to vehicle. I have tried three times already and it keeps failing. I noticed when i wrote the perf 91 tune(current thne on car) that it did the whole all dash lights and headlights radio and climate controls illuminate. But when i try to restore Original backup, the radio conpletly powers off after about a minute or two(its turned off but it powers off and goes black completely mid tune when restoring backup) and at 90% the tuner showsthe please wait lighting bolt for about a second before continuing to 91%. When the tune reaches 100 percentit says please wait for a few second and then says please turn key off. I turn it off and the tuner gets stuck on turn off key screen with the progress bar still moving. I noticed all the lights power off when turning key off except for the climate controls, they stay illuminated. My guess is the car is not powering off completely. I tried opening door to make sure car is turned off on my second attenpt and still climate controls stay illuminated. The climate controls turn off when i unplug tuner on the turn key off screen and i am able to start car and shift from park into gear(automatic trans) and car seems to drive but check engine light is on and throws 8-10 codes one being unable to communicate pcm bus. I got anxious and tried to reinstall perf 91 tune and thank goodness that was succesful and 91 is installed and no check engine light. When retuning it reads pcm and then writes 91 tune twice and then i can modify and then install tune. Cannot go back to stock though :/ tool is up to date, dcx gas, has saved vin, calid, and everything, only thing that seems off is bus test is not done so i wonder if that is connected to the pcm bus communication lost code that the car was throwing when stock tune was incompletely installed? The cable is good because i had no problem writing 91 tune. I do have an aftermaket viper alarm system but it didnt affect the 91 tune. Also put it in valet mode so as not to affect voltage. Also try to tune only after driving for 20 mins or so to ensure battery is fairly recharged. But again 91 tune wrote just fine so im out of ideas as to what could be causing tuner to get stuck in turn key off screen. Im assuming a force cal update might just force it to accept stock tune? I will post key if needed, i would really like to resolve this as i wish to have my transmission oil and filter changed. Would do it myself but nag1 doesnt have a drain plug and i need the special dipstick and a way to measure trans oil tenp to fill properly but i have warranty so ill leave it to the dealer in case it gets messed up. Is it true diablosport doesnt leave a footprint on stock tune? Thanks in advance, sorry for all the description just trying to get this issue resolved.
mikel

Re: Restore Original Backup getting stuck on turn key off

Post by mikel »

Are you using the actual key or push button for key cycles?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Superdude018

Post by Superdude018 »

I am using the key fob inserted into the ingintion.

I was reading around and experimenting and found that you can only resore original backup if you restore the quick adjusts on the tune and also the tcm settings. After i restored the parameters and quicks adjusts my tool is able to restore original backup and reset the tool succesfully.

So my new problem is when i restore the original backup my check engine light is on and i am getting a whole bunch of codes including a U0101 lost comm with pcm/tcm. Im assuming that code is causing the others so my new question is:

Can i use the trinity to clear the codes? Or will that brick my pcm?

The engine seems to idle fine when i start it but im afraid of driving it if it cant communicate with the tcm/pcm. Im kinda afraid to clear the codes if its going to disable my car.
Superdude018

Post by Superdude018 »

Update: clearing the codes with the trinity is succesful but the next day i took car to get transmission service and the dealer attempted to perform the flash updates but was unable to connect to the pcm and tcm. Is the stock tune back on my car? I feel like it should have connected...
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nothing we do could keep them from connecting to the vehicle. Sounds like a communication issue in the vehicle.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Macanic

Post by Macanic »

Anyone on here with Diablo ?
Had some issue and need a forced restore and the Pin