42RLE Transmission 2006 Jeep Wrangler

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

TJTurbo

42RLE Transmission 2006 Jeep Wrangler

Post by TJTurbo »

I have the Intune that came with my Banks Turbo Kit for my Jeep. Would love to be able to adjust the transmission shift points, line pressure etc. Everyone I know hates this transmission and so far nobody has cracked it that I know of. I feel the market for this tuning ability would be huge and well worth DiabloSport's time.
mikel

Re: 42RLE Transmission 2006 Jeep Wrangler

Post by mikel »

05-06 use a seperate TCM cal, if yours does not support the tcm currently it is something we are looking into.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
TJTurbo

Post by TJTurbo »

05~06 the TCM is part of PCM so does that mean eventually it will be tuneable? Sorry I'm confused :D
blsracing

Post by blsracing »

Was this ever answered? I am also interested as I own a 2006 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 with the Banks Turbo kit on order (which includes a Diablo InTune tuner). As TJTurbo said, the TCM is part of the PCM on the 2005-2006. There are many owners of these years that wish to increase line pressures and modify shift points and firmness. Please let us know if this can be supported by Diablo.

Thanks,
MH-
mikel

Post by mikel »

they are tuneable for the most part currently, some cals are not and we are looking into that as they cause issues when flashed.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
blsracing

Post by blsracing »

Any developments in this area?
TJTurbo

Post by TJTurbo »

Still interested as well. My biggest complaint with the 42 RLE is with kicking down into passing gear. I can do the PCM reset thingy and the transmission will readily kick down into a lower gear when passing or merging into interstate traffic. After awhile the PCM "corrects" this desirable behavior and I basically have to floor it or manual downshift it...really annoying!
Goul6891

Post by Goul6891 »

Hi Diablosport, I've got an '06 LJ auto as well. Everyone I know with the 42rle hates how it dogs the 4.0 down. It would really be great to get some improved shift points at the very least. Even putting in an ATS rebuilt and 'upgraded' trans didn't produce much impact on performance over stock. It's definately the least liked part of these otherwise solid jeeps. I think a product that yields good results would be extremely popular.
Having driven many other 4.0 auto jeeps in XJs and ZJs, the 42rle totally avoids the 4.0 powerband.

-Alex
TJTurbo

Post by TJTurbo »

Did you guys ever get a chance to look into this? Still loving my turbo and hating the transmisson. I will be replacing my trans with the beefed up ATS in the not too distant future and cringe thinking about not being able to take advantage of it. I'd be willing to buy a new tuner! I'm not gonna get my hopes up as I realize the last TJ is now 12 years old and it would probably only work on '05-'06 models...probably not cost efficient for you guys to work on anymore.
mikel

Post by mikel »

TJTurbo wrote:Did you guys ever get a chance to look into this? Still loving my turbo and hating the transmisson. I will be replacing my trans with the beefed up ATS in the not too distant future and cringe thinking about not being able to take advantage of it. I'd be willing to buy a new tuner! I'm not gonna get my hopes up as I realize the last TJ is now 12 years old and it would probably only work on '05-'06 models...probably not cost efficient for you guys to work on anymore.
so do you have one of our tuners and no options for TCM when you tune it?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
TJTurbo

Post by TJTurbo »

I have the I1000 tuner that came with the Banks Turbo kit for my 2006 Wrangler. There are no transmission parameters that can be modified. The only company that offers this tuning ability is B&G Performance and supposedly you have to send them your PCM...yet myself or noone else at Jeepforum.com has ever heard of a successful result. There are complaints all over the net about this transmission in several different production vehicles and it all comes back to programming. In all cases the vehicles perform fine until the transmission starts operating in the 80*F hot mode and the PCM/TCM takes control.
mikel

Post by mikel »

please post the info.xml file from your device USB drive.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
TJTurbo

Post by TJTurbo »

mikel wrote:please post the info.xml file from your device USB drive.
Attachments
info.xml
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

well, I cant see what the older i1 database had but your pcm and tcm cals are supported by the current i3 and t2 devices.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
TJTurbo

Post by TJTurbo »

mikel wrote:well, I cant see what the older i1 database had but your pcm and tcm cals are supported by the current i3 and t2 devices.
Okay, a few questions. So if I order the I3...would I have to uninstall my Banks tune in order for the I3 to work with my Jeep. If so, will I be able to transfer that Banks tune to the I3 and reinstall it?

Before I shell out $380 plus on a new tuner I want to be 100% sure it will be able to modify shift points, line pressure, possibly reduce torque management etc. Would I be able to return it if it does not?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to waste $. If the I3 and T2 truly have this capability I promise you once the word gets out you will see an increase in sales!