New PCM swap option for 15-22 Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge applications

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

mikel

Post by mikel »

Rather than purchasing a new spare pcm or sending your stock pcm to be modified, we now offer a 3rd option, where you purchase a tuner that included a modified pcm that we send you after the purchase, then you send your original pcm back to us as a core.

Please see details here:

http://www.diablosport.com/latest-relea ... eep-dodge/

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
TNPete

Re: New PCM swap option for 15/16 Chrysler/Jeep applications

Post by TNPete »

hmmm, wish this was available when I got mine, I've got my original PCM sitting in a closet gathering dust.

I really can't see any reason for putting it back in, in fact mine doesn't say Diablosport on it anywhere, it IS a Dodge PCM, it's just had it's crap program lock removed; it's not like DIablosport is making PCM's in a back room :)
You are right, it does NOT carry the factory warranty, if your's is still in warranty, you might want to keep it.
However I've never had a PCM die, never heard of anyone else kill one either, even doing tunes on them...

As far as taking it in for service, I'm out of warranty anyway, so it's a moot point.
But I imagine they certainly could flash it back to a locked tune, so tell the buggers to leave it alone!
As for me, I'd never take mine to the dealer anyway... And the service guy I take my cars to is the one that suggested Diablosport, so no worries there... :)

To your final point about what their devices can DO... their manual's lack displaying or describing any of the advanced tuning options, I've asked about it before; maybe they change too often to print that up, I'm still pretty new... I also think they are very different depending on the car you are hooked up to...
There are lots of video's on you tube that show all the options, I just wish their manuals did...

As for the difference between the two devices, my understanding is that the trinity is only if you want to collect a lot of engine data, it will even do that wile driving; the intune does not.
But I think you can do all the same tuning on both (but I'd let an expert confirm that).

I can say that I'm happy so far, and I know others that are as well.

Oh yea one more thing, anyone wanna buy a gently used 2015 Dodge Charger 3.6L PCM? :lol:
TNPete

Post by TNPete »

WTF is this?
I got a "your post was replied to" email, please tell me these jerks don't have my email now... :(

Anyone able to even read this thing?

Pete
Tomkat2800

Post by Tomkat2800 »

TNPete wrote:WTF is this?
I got a "your post was replied to" email, please tell me these jerks don't have my email now... :(

Anyone able to even read this thing?

Pete
I don't get these spammers. They hit this forum a lot.
You probably have your notifications set to advise you of new posts.
I have never had a problem. The moderators clean this up often!
Be well.
Tom.
2017 Corvette Stingray Coupe. w/1LT. LT1. 7 Speed. Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat. Performance Exhaust. Black wheels. Yellow Calipers. Window tint. T1000. Z51 rear sway bar. Skip shift eliminator.
TNPete

Post by TNPete »

Thanks Tom,

Yea I do have "Notify me when a reply is posted" set (which is how I knew YOU responded :) ), and you are right, it looks more like a spam than an email grab, so I'm not too worried...

Do these guys really think I would click on one of these links? :roll:

Thanks,
Pete
TNPete

Post by TNPete »

However, you might want to make an entirely new sticky about your new PCM swap program...
One that does not accept replies...
Even without the spam, this one has kind of gone off track :)

Pete
Tomkat2800

Post by Tomkat2800 »

TNPete wrote:However, you might want to make an entirely new sticky about your new PCM swap program...
One that does not accept replies...
Even without the spam, this one has kind of gone off track :)

Pete
Agreed,
You should avoid these parts of the forum that the admins start. I sort of consider it info and advertising.
I usually don't even read these unless it shows as having unread posts when I am getting ready to list all as "read"
Just scroll down to the main body below this and lots of good stuff there.
That's all I usually read!
Be well.
Tom.
2017 Corvette Stingray Coupe. w/1LT. LT1. 7 Speed. Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat. Performance Exhaust. Black wheels. Yellow Calipers. Window tint. T1000. Z51 rear sway bar. Skip shift eliminator.
mikew2069

Post by mikew2069 »

Do you guys offer a core program where you can send me an unlocked PCM and when I send you mine back, you refund a deposit or something? Without the purchase of a unit b/c I already have one.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

mikew2069 wrote:Do you guys offer a core program where you can send me an unlocked PCM and when I send you mine back, you refund a deposit or something? Without the purchase of a unit b/c I already have one.
https://www.diablosport.com/2015-dodge- ... -pcm-swap/
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
PNSHR1

Post by PNSHR1 »

Good Morning: DiabloSport

I see that your company just released the following kit:

INTUNE 3 PLATINUM FOR 2020-22 DURANGO/JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 5.7L/6.4L PCM SWAP - 8326-BR - $666.00 MSRP

My question has to do with the unlocked pcm that you send to the customer. Is the unlocked pcm that you send to the customer a new pcm from Mopar or a used pcm from a previous customer swap?

If it is in fact a new pcm, I will go this route. If it is a used pcm, I will go the route of sending in my original pcm from my motor vehicle to have it unlocked and sent back.

Please clarify and advise, so I can make my decision.

Thanks.

Respectfully submitted,
DLBIII
mikel

Re: New PCM swap option for 15-22 Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge applications

Post by mikel »

right now we haven't gotten any cores back yet, so we are shipping new pcms out for the first several customers until we have cores to move into the swap program.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Maldog

Post by Maldog »

Hi Mike Litsch,

Could you please help me. I have the trinity 2 ex on my 21 Challenger Scat Pack.
I just purchased the eas for data logging. I'm trying to hook it up to a aem 30-0300 afr gauge. The 3 wires from the eas (red, yellow and black) what wires do these get connected to coming from the aem afr gauge?

Thank you for any help.

Capt. Malavenda
USMC (Ret.)
mikel

Post by mikel »

you should only need 2 of the wires off the EAS connection. I'll need to look into which ones but its just +/- as I recall.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Maldog

Post by Maldog »

If you could check for me where they go exactly I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks Mike.
ashfordm

Post by ashfordm »

Maybe I’m dumb or missing something lol. But why can you send you an unlocked pcm that looks stock so easy but can be so easily detected at a dealer? I’d love a kit but don’t want to miss the warranty up lol

:drivingbad: