Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

capcas

Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post by capcas »

I purchasing an unlocked PCM and tuner for my 2016 dodge charger. After installing and using the unlocked PCM the BCM has stored a code P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED, which cannot be removed. Even after restoring to the factory PCM the code it is still present and still cannot be removed and the dealer can see the code. The manufacture warrenty is now voided, not happy. This was supposed be undetected if you switched back to the factory PCM. Any body know how to fix this problem?
:blowup: :cry:
Speedy!

Re: Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post by Speedy! »

No fix for this from everything I've read. That code stays in the car indefinitely.
-Speedy

mikel

Post by mikel »

this is something we are looking into, this is a new change from chrysler.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

How did you find out this code was triggered? Did ge check engine light come in, does the code show in DS tool?

Are all 16/17 rides logging the same code?
mikel

Post by mikel »

klein1j wrote:How did you find out this code was triggered? Did ge check engine light come in, does the code show in DS tool?

No CEL is triggered, tools will read it if it is set.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
idangerous

Post by idangerous »

This P1400 Code shows up on the Trinity after I installed the unlocked PCM on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat.
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

mikel wrote:
klein1j wrote:How did you find out this code was triggered? Did ge check engine light come in, does the code show in DS tool?

When you say tools, are you referring to Trinity and I2? Currently I have an I2 and don't get this code.
capcas

Post by capcas »

When you say tools, are you referring to Trinity and I2? Currently I have an I2 and don't get this code.[/quote]

I have Trinity and the I2 and only the Trinity is detecting the P1400.
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Mike? I need to take my car in soon, so if you could answer my last question, would appreciate it.
Tomkat2800

Post by Tomkat2800 »

I am watching this thread as I have not seen any cars with this code. Mine is a 2015 and I have not yet seen this code. I await Diablo's conclusion on this issue.

I will say that most cars will trip "permanent" codes that can not be cleared with a scan tool. These codes are designed so you can not just "clear" codes to pass an emissions test. Any codes that can affect emissions will set these code.
They are cleared when the onboard monitors run it's tests and verify that repairs have been made.

I am not saying this is the case, just a thought I had.

Until Mike gets back with us, I would try installing the stock calibration and PCM, Clear all the codes, (There will be many "U" codes at least). Update the PCM Mileage and drive the car for a few days and several hundred miles.
If this works, please let us know.
I am not saying this to avoid a warranty claim denial, only to understand what is happening.

I await any further replis.

Tom.
2017 Corvette Stingray Coupe. w/1LT. LT1. 7 Speed. Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat. Performance Exhaust. Black wheels. Yellow Calipers. Window tint. T1000. Z51 rear sway bar. Skip shift eliminator.
mikel

Post by mikel »

klein1j wrote:
mikel wrote:

When you say tools, are you referring to Trinity and I2? Currently I have an I2 and don't get this code.
If you check codes and there is nothing there, you are fine.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

Tomkat2800 wrote:I am watching this thread as I have not seen any cars with this code. Mine is a 2015 and I have not yet seen this code. I await Diablo's conclusion on this issue.

I will say that most cars will trip "permanent" codes that can not be cleared with a scan tool. These codes are designed so you can not just "clear" codes to pass an emissions test. Any codes that can affect emissions will set these code.
They are cleared when the onboard monitors run it's tests and verify that repairs have been made.

I am not saying this is the case, just a thought I had.

Until Mike gets back with us, I would try installing the stock calibration and PCM, Clear all the codes, (There will be many "U" codes at least). Update the PCM Mileage and drive the car for a few days and several hundred miles.
If this works, please let us know.
I am not saying this to avoid a warranty claim denial, only to understand what is happening.

I await any further replis.

Tom.
The code is stored in the BCM, changing pcm will not make it go away.
We have resolved this and all PCMs shipping from here as of last week will not have this code.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
bucky440

Post by bucky440 »

"...We have resolved this and all PCMs shipping from here as of last week will not have this code."
What about those of us that have that have older PCMs. How do we get the P1400 out of our vehicle's system?
Two months ago I went to the dealer to get my 2016 Grand Cherokee's air conditioning performance checked. They did a quick scan and they showed me the P1400 ode was set.
Dealer is a friend and I'm sure that it didn't go any further, but what if I have a future warrantee claim denied because of this code?
This needs to be corrected.
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

bucky440 wrote:"...We have resolved this and all PCMs shipping from here as of last week will not have this code."
What about those of us that have that have older PCMs. How do we get the P1400 out of our vehicle's system?
Two months ago I went to the dealer to get my 2016 Grand Cherokee's air conditioning performance checked. They did a quick scan and they showed me the P1400 ode was set.
Dealer is a friend and I'm sure that it didn't go any further, but what if I have a future warrantee claim denied because of this code?
This needs to be corrected.
I second this. Also someone mentioned that they have both devices, trinity and I2. Only the trinity reported it. If the code is there, how would I know as I have an I2? Also if the code is already stored, can it even be removed from BCM? It doesn't seem a new PCM would help me if the code is already stored, correct?

Thanks,
Jason
idangerous

Post by idangerous »

Are you working on any way to clear the P1400 code that is set when the unlocked PCM has been installed and the code is set ?