Help VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED 2016 Ram 6.4 6 speed

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

grnsuper

Help VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED 2016 Ram 6.4 6 speed

Post by grnsuper »

ECU/I2 combo came today. Installed ECU started truck every thing ok. Setup wifi updated then hit tune VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED. Updated via computer VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED It always asks to update when it is up to date. What now. The calid on the ECU is AE not AF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: Help VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED 2016 Ram 6.4 6 speed

Post by mikel »

grnsuper wrote:ECU/I2 combo came today. Installed ECU started truck every thing ok. Setup wifi updated then hit tune VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED. Updated via computer VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED It always asks to update when it is up to date. What now. The calid on the ECU is AE not AF
save this to the i2 drive and let the device import it then you may tune the vehicle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

Still not working. Replaced old file with new file. Switch in run hit tune VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED and asks to update
mikel

Post by mikel »

what do you mean by replaced old file?
the file I provided goes to the root of the i2 drive, then you let it import the file, then you'll be prompted to load that file to the vehicle.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

There was a file there with same name computer asks to over write. What do you mean let it import? It seems to do nothing and never prompts for any thing.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the only way that file could have gotten there was if you had loaded it.

please reload the file to the i2 drive and you should see a message on the screen after it imports the file saying it has been loaded, then go to the vehicle and click tune vehicle and it should prompt you to load the calibration update to the vehicle.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

I did NOT put the file on it. It must have been put there by the updating software. I even tried to delete the file but when I unplug then plug the device back in the computer the file is back. Can this thing be reset to the factory setting. I may have caused something wrong from the start. My brain is working better today, Here is what I done, Installed ECU, plugged I2 up to the computer and updated it. Then plunged it up to the truck with key off. Then hit tune turned switch to run but I forget about my car cams coming on (They are hard wired) and when it asked to upload to the ECU I hit no because the manual said no after market addons should be running and I never saw the upload prompt again.
mikel

Post by mikel »

reload the file to the drive, then go to the vehicle and it should prompt you to load it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

Tried several more times . I click on tune and after about 5 seconds VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED
mikel

Post by mikel »

please post up the current info.xml file fromt he i2 drive.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

Current xml file
mikel

Post by mikel »

grnsuper wrote:Current xml file
save this to thwe root of the i2 drive, and let the device import the file.
then go to vehicle, click tune vehcile and it will prompt you to load this update then you can tune the vehicle.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

Nope, Did not work. All I see is VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED. Attached shows the file is on the drive
mikel

Post by mikel »

Ahhh, its a Mac...

there should only be 4 folders there, logs, tunes, runtimes, updater, and the info.xml file, all that other stuff the Mac put there has to go.

To load the file on a mc, save it to the drive, then eject the drive, then reboot the tool and copy the file back into the drive then it will import to the tool.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grnsuper

Post by grnsuper »

I use linux and win10. 2 (system volume information) is a windoes thing. 3 The group_update.itfg file was put on the device by the device updater in win10. 4 I removed the extra files including the .drg file rebooted the device and then in win10 and put the .drg file on the device (see jpg1) and waited over 10 minutes but it never tells me its been loaded. Needless to say it don't prompt to load the file to the vehicle.