Attention 2011-2014 Challenger owners!

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

XNYMICK

Re: Attention 2011-2014 Challenger owners!

Post by XNYMICK »

Having an issue with my Trinity for the 2013 Challenger SRT8. I installed the 91 octane tune eons ago. Since then Edelbrock used my car for r&d for their E-Force supercharger. I recently took a trip to the dealer and am having major performance issues. I assumed when it went in for service they re-installed the factory tune. Before trying to re-install the Edelbrock written performance tune I tried to re-install the original factory tune from my Trinity as I have been told to do. When I plug in the Trinity it says there is no original tune stored and that the device is not married. Yet when I look in the details it shows the correct Vin# for my vehicle in the device. I need help bad this thing is running like a 100HP car. Thanks, James
mikel

Post by mikel »

I'll go ahead and ask why would you take a supercharged car to a dealer, and then I'll ask why they would be completely ignorant enough to flash a supercharged car.
rant/

Hopefully you didnt drive it on the stock tune, so your motor is not about to kill itself.

Please give us a call with the tool powered up in the car and we'll get you going.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
XNYMICK

Post by XNYMICK »

mikel wrote:I'll go ahead and ask why would you take a supercharged car to a dealer, and then I'll ask why they would be completely ignorant enough to flash a supercharged car.
rant/

Hopefully you didnt drive it on the stock tune, so your motor is not about to kill itself.

Please give us a call with the tool powered up in the car and we'll get you going.

It was towed to the dealer by Dodge Corporate. I had a major breakdown on the way back from Vegas to So Cal. I was in the middle of the desert and it was night time. My options were slightly limited to say the least.
mpaladino

Re: Attention 2011-2012 Challenger owners!

Post by mpaladino »

fastr2010 wrote:I have had a similar issue, but only when backing up the Original tune. When it says to turn the key back on the car is just dead. Then after about a minute it just mysteriously works. very weird.
I just tried to restore my original tune for a service checkup tomorrow for my 2014 Challenger R/T. T1000 ran through 2 write sessions. After 1st session, said "Turn Key Off" which I did, then said "Turn Key On..." which I did. No issues. They it ran through the second vehicle write. When it finish, it again said "Turn Key Off", which I did. Then it just sat there saying "Turn Key Off". Car was dead. After almost having a heart attack, I unplugged the T1000. Vehicle dash light flashed. Was able to start. Plugged T1000 back in and it went to main screen after disclaimer acceptance.

@mikel - Not sure if this is supposed to be the case. Thought you guys should know. I'm not even sure if the original tune loaded or not. I guess the dealer will tell me (praying original loaded).
SGT0811

Post by SGT0811 »

This isn't an issue, install was easy the only time you need to remove the start button and use the key is when you download a map to the vehical. As soon as the download is complete, put the button back in and enjoy.
jtinch

Post by jtinch »

2012 challenger will not start after tune. Restored factory tune and still won't start. Everything works but will not crank.
Spctinch@yahoo.com. When tuner is loading dash says no bus if that helps
smegman

Post by smegman »

I had same problem but was lazy to "pop the cap" and used the remote start instead (it did start the engine though). the Trinity then went about it's business without a hitch.
kcormier78

Post by kcormier78 »

2013 Challenger R/T 5.7L 6 speed manual.

I got the Diablo Trinity T1000 today. I plugged it into my laptop first so I could register the unit but was having problems. I'm pretty sure it was my laptop having issues...I took the unit and plugged it into the car and went through all the necessary prompts. I installed the 91 OCT tune. I had issues with the non start at the end, but unplugged the battery, reconnected and started the car. I decided to start over... so I reinstalled the factory tune. This time the car started but I had alot of error codes and a check engine light. Unplugged the battery again and started the car without the unit installed... no Check engine light. Reinstalled the tune and went all the way to the end (using the key not the push button), finished the tune and the unit returned to the install tune screen. Car had shut it self off after the tune... turned the key to off then back to on to start the car and nothing. This time I just unplugged the unit and plugged it back in... car started fine, but check engine light and error codes.... went into the unit and cleared error codes... check engine light went off and car appears to run normally. I guess my question is how do I know that the tune went in correctly and should I look more into the check engine light even if its off now?
adamaod

Post by adamaod »

mikel wrote:It seems there is an issue when loading the tunes and using the push button start.
To avoid any issues, it is highly recommended that you simply pop the button out and use the key during the tune loading process.
If you wind up with a non responsive starter button after loading the tune, simply pop it out, stick the key in, and all will be well.

We should have a fix for this asap, and will release a new update as soon as it is ready.

Thanks

So I am pretty sure I experienced this exact problem with my 2014 RT, not realizing the issue was to pop the button out and use the Key. Only now my Trinity appears to be stuck in some sort of boot loop. Is it possible to hard reset the tuner?