Predator 2 for Ford Gas Truck - 7102

Discuss Predator 2 for Ford

Moderator: sohfast94

carseat2017

Predator 2 for Ford Gas Truck - 7102

Post by carseat2017 »

Hi,

Good Morning just want to confirm if Predator 2 part no. 7102 will work on the new Ford Raptor 2017 Automatic Transmission with 3.5 Ecoboost engine?

Regards,

Dennis
mikel

Re: Predator 2 for Ford Gas Truck - 7102

Post by mikel »

Not yet...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
carseat2017

Post by carseat2017 »

Hi any Eta for Ford Raptors 2017 3.5 EB? we have several costumer waiting here in Doha for this to tune with Predator 7102.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Not yet but it is in development.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
carseat2017

Post by carseat2017 »

Any update for Ford Raptor 2017 3.5 Ecoboost to be supported by P2?Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

carseat2017 wrote:Any update for Ford Raptor 2017 3.5 Ecoboost to be supported by P2?Thanks
Still in the works, apparently the 10 speed is not easy to get into.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Bestuld

Post by Bestuld »

A lot of folks are asking, when the P2 programming for the 2017 and now the 2018 Raptors are going to be finished... hate to say, but most of your top competitors have already released them. I know about the 10 speed tranny, and all that, but ya’ll are getting left in the dust (no pun intended). Can you please give me a realistic answer? 10 speed tranny isn’t an issue for your competitors!

Thanks,
D-Dub
Bestuld

Post by Bestuld »

mikel wrote:
carseat2017 wrote:Any update for Ford Raptor 2017 3.5 Ecoboost to be supported by P2?Thanks
Still in the works, apparently the 10 speed is not easy to get into.
MikeL - I’m calling Diablo out point blank! I feel your faithful customer base deserves a true realistic answer to these questions. When are the tunes going to be released for the Raptor, or are they just not as important as other vehicles, because there is a low demand for them? I’m sorry to call Diablosport out like this, but I am also old enough to know when questions are being deflected. I hate having a brand new P2 that I cannot use because the Raptor “tranny is the issue” or we are “working on it”. I have been told these two reasons, 1 - the 10 speed tranny is hard to get into (that I can understand when the vehicle was first released). 2 - the priority of programming isn’t high on the list with the new Raptor because it is a specialty vehicle. Here is what I am seeing as a consumer. Most of your top competitors have already released tunes for the Raptor and they are doing quite well, so the tranny issue is apparently moot at this point, because they have figured it out. I know y’all have smart engineers, if these other companies can figure it out, your folks should have already tackled this. I truly hate the fact y’all are getting left behind, and your customers are suffering through the arduous wait for you to produce the tunes or are giving up, and moving on to another company. The 2018’s are about ready to hit the streets, it’s been a year. Mike, I’m asking you to take off your business hat and put on your consumer hat. Honestly, don’t you think it time that Holley Motorsports (your parent company) or Diablo own up to this delay and give your customer base a good explanation and a realistic release date? The truth shall set you free. The company share holders already have $800+ (The cost of my original Trinity, then the the cost of the P2 trade) of my hard earned money, with brand new piece of unusable equipment to show for it. I ask you this. If you personally were a consumer, would you not feel the bride left at the alter? Please respond honestly to these questions, your loyal customers deserve this. I’ll even go as far to tell you, that I would be more then happy to send back, the P2, and accept fair compensation for my $800+ out of pocket expense and unreasonable wait time, and I will be out of Diablo’s hair forever. If you are remotely able to consider my offer, you have access to my email and should have my phone number on file. We can arrange a private conversation and I will provide a NDA.

Thanks,
D-Dub
mikel

Post by mikel »

release dates for projects in the middle of engineering are tough to come up with, and as I am not an engineer, I cant make guesses based on what they are doing.

Yes, Raptor is a low volume vehicle and not as high of a priority as the standard F150 line up. Yes, we plan to add support for this vehicle. Unfortunately, I have not been provided a timeframe to this point.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Bestuld

Post by Bestuld »

Mike - Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for the honest answer... now let's go the extra 1/4 mile, how about doing the next logical step, if you can’t answer the question, and ask the engineers or whomever can answer the question, when they think the update will be ready to release the Gen 2 Raptor Tunes. Someone in Diablosport should be able to provide your customer base with an accurate answer. Please?
Carseat-Qatar

Post by Carseat-Qatar »

Just want to ask if there is already updates to tune for Ford Raptor 2017 Ecoboost using P2?i did try this device also on F150 2017 Ecoboost and unfortunately did not work as advertised.after several updates and phone calls to tech support and several schedules into the costumer to install the tunes to his truck but not successful.DiabloSport use to be in Top of the tuning provider but its almost 2018 and yet still cannot tune the Raptor 2017s Ecoboost... :drivingbad: :blowup:
mikel

Post by mikel »

we do not yet have support for the raptor.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Bestuld

Post by Bestuld »

Happy New Year Mike,
Glad to see the progress is moving along nicely with the Gen 2 Raptor tunes for the P2, or any other Diablosport Tuner for the new Raptor. It has been a year, since the new Raptor was released, the 2018’s are now on the street and still nothing from your engineers for the tunes for the Raptor. So for Christmas I bought the NGauge Tuner and received 6 lifetime tunes from 5 Star Tuning for the Gen 2 Raptor. Guess what, it’s amazing that their tuning engineers were able to crack the mysterious 10 Speed Tranny code, months ago. The 5 Star PCM & TCM strategy tunes worked like a dream. If anyone is interested, I still have a new unused P2 Tuner, for an F-150. Will sell it cheap, it’s taking up space and collecting dust. Damn shame that a company that used to be on the top of the heap with tuners have gone to hell in a hand basket ever since the merger and is now part of Holley Motorsports, as is Edge. If I don’t sell the tuner, and am still alive when the Diablo Engineers finally make room in their busy schedule to figure out how a Ford/GM collaboration 10 speed transmission works, I will post a comparison video between NGauge/5 Star tunes and post them on my YouTube Channel. So Mike you might want to prep your engineering staff that there will be a comparison done in a professional shop, dyno numbers, real world use, The whole enchilada! That is unless Mike and Diablo would like to buy back this electronic paperweight I have on hand and spare the embarrassment of Diablo receiving an unbiased comparison with numbers from the dyno testing etc. Here is my disclaimer, although I seem a tad dissatisfied with Diablo, I will not sully my reputation by running a biased product comparison shoot out. Those interested in buying my P2, PM me on the Ford Raptor Forum. Look for my name D-Dub.