2007 ABS issue with new gears

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Mr. Bean

2007 ABS issue with new gears

Post by Mr. Bean »

Hey guys, I've seen two different topics on this. After changing gears the abs light comes on while driving. I've updated the tune to match tire size/gears and the speedo is correct but it still throws the ABS code. Do I just need to clear the ABS code or do I need a custom tune?

The other question is I'm going to replace the 4.8l with a 5.3l that I've upgraded cam/displacement deleted DOD ect. Can I get a custom tune from you guys to make it sing? I know there's not much difference between the 4.8 and 5.3 but with mods it should be a lot different!
Thanks

It's a 2007.5 Silverado short wide with the 4L60e.
06MonteSS

Re: 2007 ABS issue with new gears

Post by 06MonteSS »

2007 and 2008 trucks have a GM limitation of tire size for the ABS computer module... if you're getting trouble codes and CEL and ABS/Brake lights on, then you need to adjust the tire size smaller until you get it so the light/codes stay off...

and if you're going to swap the engine for a different one, then you will need to get the PCM reprogrammed by a dealer for the new engine...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Mr. Bean

Post by Mr. Bean »

That's bad news! I just put new rubber on these :normal:

Do you mean adjust the "tire/wheels" as in replace them or just adjust it in the tuner?

I have the ECU for the new motor as well. Will I need to buy a second user license?
Mr. Bean

Post by Mr. Bean »

I've tried adjusting the tire size, w/tuner, from 24 all the way to 36. The tires that are on it are 32. Tires are 275/55/20 and I have 3.73 gears in now. Still throws an ABS/Brake light. NO CEL.
What are my other option? I would really prefer not to have to drive around without ABS not working and I really don't like the lights on at night!
I purchased this device under the impression it would be able to accomplish what I'm trying to do so if it can't I would like my $400 back please.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Well, while its not ideal, it is adjusting your speedo as it should. The ABS issue is outside the PCM, so we are unable to correct for that.
If you wish to return it, we do offer a 3 day satisfaction guarantee, please contact the retailer you purchased it from.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com