Almost Stock Suburban and Custom Tune

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

McGyver

Almost Stock Suburban and Custom Tune

Post by McGyver »

Hey all!

I have a 2013 Chevy Suburban LTZ with the 5.3L running 93 octane. The only mods I have are the Airaid MIT and I'm running the stock 93 tune. I don't drive this thing hard and I'm not currently looking to do any significant mods. I mainly bought the Intune 3 to disable AFM and it works great. But I'm reading a lot of positive comments on the custom tunes and am curious if it would benefit me to install one with the way the vehicle is currently set up.

Thanks for your help,
Rich
06MonteSS

Re: Almost Stock Suburban and Custom Tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

Hi Rich..

Yes you would definitely gain some more and get more improved driveability with a custom tune.. I tuned my wife's 2016 Suburban 5.3, and it's stock with just an airaid cold air intake as well.. definitely will get more improvements with a custom tune..

www.diablewtune.com -- and you can email me directly at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Thanks Lew!

Sounds like an early Christmas present to me :D

I'll probably hit you up in a week or two and in the meantime I'll work on logging the necessary files.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

oh.. and you have the inTune i3 8245 Platinum right?? that's the one you need..

the regular 8200 can not do custom tuning...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Well that sucks I did buy the 8200...
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

see if you can swap it out from where you bought it from and get the 8245 platinum..

make sure you restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first before you send it back to them, if they let you swap it.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Okay, they are willing to swap the unit out with an 8245. After I reinstall the stock tune is there anything I should delete on the tuner to bring it back to "factory"?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. when you do the Restore Original Backup process to get the stock tunes back on your truck, that will also unlock/reset the inTune and you'll be good to go.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Lew,

Thanks for all the help! I will definitely be reaching out to you shortly for the custom tune.
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

One more question. While I'm waiting for the 8245, can I do the logging with the 8200 and use those files for the custom tune?

If so, will those log files need deleted after I reinstall the stock tune.

I guess that was two questions :lol:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no..

need to wait until you get the 8245.. need to get the preset canned tunes installed.. get at least 150+ miles put on the truck with the preset canned tunes installed.. after that, then you'd be ready to do the data log, etc...

you can shoot me an email with your info... I can send you all the info about what you need to do, the process, etc..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Got it.
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

So can I assume the preset canned tunes are different from the 8200 to the 8245? Because I have well over 150 miles on the 93 tune of the 8200.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no man.. but the way the tool saves the files could be different, since one can do custom tuning and one can't.. I want/need copies of the tune files from the correct tool, so that there are no issues when you try to import them after, etc..

don't want to do anything man until you have the correct tool, with tunes installed/saved from the correct tool, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Gotcha!

Thanks for help brother!