Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

idangerous

Re: Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post by idangerous »

mikel wrote:
idangerous wrote:If I buy a CMR License can I turn this code off myself ?
Ill turn it off in the tune, b ut it doesnt truly resolve the issue.
Code will come back if dealer flashes the pcm or if stock pcm is reinstalled.
So if you turn it off in the tune on an unlocked PCM, would the Dealer be able to detect that there is an unlocked tuned PCM in the vehicle with the code shut off in the tune ?
mikel

Post by mikel »

dealer can only detect what the pcm tells them, so if it doesn't throw the code they have nothing to check for or reason to look.

As mentioned, if they flash the pcm or replace it, the code will then appear.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

My dealer saw 2 things, the p1400 code with the aftermarket calibration, and a non OEM PCM part number, from when the unlocked one was installed. So seems like they will see the different part number even if they dont see the code.
idangerous

Post by idangerous »

Is there any possiblity of adding the option to turn off this code with the Trinity ? :roll: :normal:
mikel

Post by mikel »

idangerous wrote:Is there any possiblity of adding the option to turn off this code with the Trinity ? :roll: :normal:
it an be disabled in a custom tune as previously mentioned, but its not a 100% solution.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
capcas

Post by capcas »

Has anybody tried replacing and reprogramming the BCM?
mikel

Post by mikel »

capcas wrote:Has anybody tried replacing and reprogramming the BCM?
Ive seen dealers do it to get rid of the code when they were confused as to why it was there or where it came from ;)

PCMs ordered for any Car application for the past 3 weeks or so no longer trigger this code when installed.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

mikel wrote:
capcas wrote:Has anybody tried replacing and reprogramming the BCM?
Ive seen dealers do it to get rid of the code when they were confused as to why it was there or where it came from ;)

PCMs ordered for any Car application for the past 3 weeks or so no longer trigger this code when installed.

Thanks
Still nada for those of us with the code? Wouldnt a dealer need to program a new BCM? Kinda doesnt help really since they know it was there and reported already no?
idangerous

Post by idangerous »

Is there any progress toward finding a solution for your customers who installed an unlocked PCM and tune, purchased from you, and now have a P1400 code that may be grounds for having their factory powertrain warranty restricted if they bring their vehicle in to the Dealership for service or repairs ? While still advertising that the Dealer can not detect your product when used as advertised ?
:normal:
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

idangerous wrote:Is there any progress toward finding a solution for your customers who installed an unlocked PCM and tune, purchased from you, and now have a P1400 code that may be grounds for having their factory powertrain warranty restricted if they bring their vehicle in to the Dealership for service or repairs ? While still advertising that the Dealer can not detect your product when used as advertised ?
:normal:
It is quite clear they don't care about this. They sold a product that was not as advertised. Might be time to look into legal action for a resolution. I can say for sure, I will never buy a product from them again. I've had a few of them over the years, the customer service side leaves quite a lot to be desired.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I will provide a custom tune to disable the code for anyone who would like that.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

mikel wrote:I will provide a custom tune to disable the code for anyone who would like that.
What happens when the stock pcm is put back in for dealer/warranty service? Is the code gone, or does it come back?
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Just noticed this on my 17 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7. I have an i2.

I think the solution is new Diablo PCM, new oem BCM, then you have to have dealer perform "restore configuration" on new BCM with original PCM installed. This downloads the original configuration from chrysler server for that VIN.

Problem is, all the $ it would cost to give everyone new PCM and BCM, and then hoping your dealer runs a "restore configuration" for you. DS could download for each VIN and send a software update to reconfigure, but this is obviously a huge task for them. It's a lose / lose for us...
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

It's clear Diablo could give a crap about this. They got their money is what it comes down to. I'll never use their garbage products ever again. Customer service goes a long way, which for them is non existant.
DareDevil

Post by DareDevil »

Hello,
Just wondering if this issue is resolved for 2015 JK Jeep sport?
Would the dealer know if I swapped the tuned PCM with the factory original Locked PCM.
Will it show a trace or P1400 code or any other code or log?
Also when installing the PCM issued by Diablo and talking the Factoy PCM, would that be detected by the dealer.
I am looking to buy the Trinity 2 for Jeep with PCM and custom tune for off-roading in Sand Dunes.
Wanted to know if this product “Trinity2 + PCM” would compromise my warranty by being detected.
Cheers
@mikel