New GM Truck Gas Pedal

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

DrDan

New GM Truck Gas Pedal

Post by DrDan »

Looking for a little feedback about a new GM gas pedal part number 23362231 found on newer model trucks.
Guys on some forums I've been reading, that have the older trucks (2016 or older) with part number 20972082 say that switching to the new pedal gives better performance such as quicker response.
A guy had his 2015 in the shop, and they gave him a loner a 2018, and he said the newer truck had "much" better throttle response than his did. Then some others did the switch (plug and play, no reprogram) and reported better performance.
The new pedal is supposed to be upgraded with gold contacts or some sort of crap.
I was just wondering whether or not this is true, or if anyone has done this for throttle improvement.
I don't think that GM would make a new pedal if something wasn't changed?
Maybe one of our programmers can shed some insight on this.
Thanks
Dan
06MonteSS

Re: New GM Truck Gas Pedal

Post by 06MonteSS »

I've tuned several thousands of these trucks and do them daily, and have never heard of such a thing by changing the pedal.

if the tps sensor is different, then that could possibly make the difference, BUT, it could also put the truck into limp mode, if the tps signal is different than what the ECM is looking for in the driver demand tables as far as how the throttle blade is supposed to open..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hey thanks Lew
Maybe those guys were just feeling a placebo effect when they switched them out hoping for the best.
My truck does pretty good with my Diablo tune.
Maybe those guys don't have one?
I guess I should chime in and tell them to get one :)
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, the pedal position sensor may simply be more aggressive on the newer part number. Same thing can be accomplished on all 14+ trucks through tuning since there is full control of the throttle tables.

Our 14 Sierra that we got right when they came out had the absolute worst throttle response of any GM vehicle I had ever driven. It was abysmal. Tune made it right ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com