i2 Compatible with analog cable?

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Mike_Levy

i2 Compatible with analog cable?

Post by Mike_Levy »

My Lightning has an AEM UEGO wideband (though it does need a new Lambda sensor). Can I use that with the i2 for logs? I believe its a white wire from the gauge? There used to be a cable you sold for the original Trinity (T1015?), but I'm not seeing that anymore. Is it available still and will it work with the i2?

Something is not right with this truck. It reeks of fuel and oil when running, won't hold boost and is S-L-O-W. Its got a lot more mods than I realized, so I'm wondering if it has injectors too and could be flooding.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Re: i2 Compatible with analog cable?

Post by mikel »

can usually tell what injectors by looking as I recall, especially with the fords of this era.

What MAF....no Mafia?

The AEM will work fine, the T1015 is still around, and the SRT4 guys used to use a cable from ebay from digitec as I recall.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The injectors appear to be stock. They're the same green color as stock, once the disgusting crap is scrubbed off them.

Stock 90mm 01-04 Lightning MAF. Do I need a MAFia? I thought it was handled by the tune.

I'll pick up the T1015 so I can log the wideband. Got some new midpipes and cats, so I need to have a bung installed for the wideband too. Couldn't believe both precats were completely oil fouled.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Stock 90mm MAF and injectors will support around 425 rwhp on these as I recall, so it can't be too crazy :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

How do I add parameters to the log that aren't listed? I mean there are things I'd kinda like to see, that I'm not finding anyplace, like MAP, KR, maybe even boost. I was shocked at how few parameters were showing up compared to the Chrysler LXs.

No rush. She's down for at least the next week. Waiting for an intercooler core. Mine popped and Ford doesn't make them anymore, so aftermarket is the only way to go, with a 10 day lead time.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

in the logging menu go to the configure menu then select add PID. MAP is not a standard pid for logging EEC. I am not sure if it will even have a boost pid or not, I dont recall on these earlier vehicles.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I hit up Mike at TPC, so hopefully it records enough for him to make a tune for it, without completely knowing whats on it. Of course, thats when its fixed. Still waiting on the core, a 6# pulley and even colder plugs.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

So Mike, do I need a MAFia with the SCT MAF? I was told I needed that MAF for a 6# pulley, so I picked up a BA-2600. Wish I could just come up to you guys and have it dyno tuned.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

No, the BA2600 is like a MAF with a built in Mafia. It should be fine on its own.

Where are you located?
Mike may be down to have you bring it up here and do it on a weekend....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I'm in Winter Haven. About an hour and 20 minutes south of you.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Ahh, I had no idea. Thought you were still up north but I remember you talking about moving down here a while back.

Yeah, let Mike know you are somewhat local and maybe he can work something out.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

He'll probably see this. He said he's been reading the thread.

It's going to be a while longer before the truck is ready. Just talked to the distributer and the core is taking longer than normal. They've had lots of customers with grenading stock cores this year apparently. Guess 18-19 years is about all they can handle. Meanwhile, my truck is sitting at the service shop, with the top of the motor open and they call me every day to see if the core came in. And every day I have to tell them not yet, but I have other stuff that needs to be done if you want to do it while access is good. It would be much easier to do the plugs and T-stat now while the blower is off and there's space to work in, but they aren't interested. :cry:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
chriscap010

Post by chriscap010 »

Mike_Levy wrote:How do I add parameters to the log that aren't listed? I mean there are things I'd kinda like to see, that I'm not finding anyplace, like MAP, KR, maybe even boost. I was shocked at how few parameters were showing up compared to the Chrysler LXs.

No rush. She's down for at least the next week. Waiting for thérapie de groupe an intercooler core. Mine popped and Ford doesn't make them anymore, so aftermarket is the only way to go, with a 10 day lead time.
If the i2 tune is not ready with 5.0 tune can you advice on what tuner is available for the 2018 5.0 F150?
Thanks